Thursday, April 17, 2008

Finally... Some Good News!

It's finally come and gone-- Jules' and Steve's wedding that is. Friday was enough to make me have a nervous breakdown. When I get to the church, Jules' is there with 40 filthy white chairs. I was speechless. Jules' is the kind of person who doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings and unfortunately, often times, won't stand up for herself. To make a long story short, I made her call them back, and make them deliver more *clean* chairs. Nearly 3 hours later, they deliver MORE dirty chairs. The people were so hateful, that we just sent most of the chairs back, and cleaned the ones we could. Luckily-- that was the only thing that went wrong.

Saturday morning, I rolled my happy self out of bed around 10:00am (early, huh?) because I had a hair appointment at 11:00am. My parents owned a hair salon for nearly 8 years, and in that time I'd never had an "up-do" until saturday. I absolutely LOVED IT! I had borrowed a rhinestone hairpin from my best friend, Jen, to wear for the wedding. My dress was absolutely gorgeous! Chris and I were the first to arrive at the church. The photographer was already there taking pictures. After having to deal with him and his drama, I nicknamed him our "flaming friend." Now, most everyone reading my blog knows I love everyone (gay, straight, whatever-- you know me), but this guy, he took flaming to a new level. He made Elton John look straight, and with attitude to boot.

I'm so glad that Jules' loved her pics, because I wasn't crazy about the ones he took of me and Chris. The one's that my daddy and Chris took were much better, in my opinion.

It was REALLY hot inside the church, but luckily, there was a nice breeze blowing outside, so it felt really good coming out of the church. By the time the reception rolled around, I was exhausted. Can you believe *I* was gone by 8:00pm? I'm getting so old. SO. OLD.

Now, I'm enjoying a little rest and relaxing! Here's some pics for everyone to enjoy !









5 comments:

Carrie said...

I think you look stunning! LOVE that dress, the color is divine. The bride looks gorgeous, too!! Sounds like the day went pretty well and that's always good.

Good to see you up and about. Hope you are doing better, you certainly sound like you are HUGS!!!!

Greta Adams said...

you look marvelous!!! looks like a good time was had

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh I just LOVE those dresses. They are all gorgeous!! And your hair looks SO pretty!!!

(The pic of youand the bride talking, with the girl in front of you...love that one!!)

Mississippi Songbird said...

You look gorgeous! and the bride is stunning too. I'm glad you had a nice time. Have a great weekend!

Nancy said...

Oh wow...what a gorgeous day. You look mahvelous, dahling.