Sunday, June 03, 2007

My Summer Begins... With Vertigo

Would it happen any other way for me? After the hospital ordeal, and strep throat, I now have Vertigo. I've had it since tuesday, with no signs of it leaving. Sighs. Although, I can't drive, I have been able to get out the past two days to enjoy myself.

I attended my first luncheon with the women of the Daughters of the Confederacy. I had a wonderful time, even though I was the youngest person there, by literally, about 30 or 40 years. I'm not an official member, yet. I don't have my family tree and documentation complete. There are some really interesting women who are members of the group. Four of the ladies grandfathers were soldiers for the Confederacy in the war. I was in shock! I had no idea that there were people living who had grandparents fighting in the war between the states. That's just wild!

Then, today, we celebrated my godson, Luke's 1st birthday! His actual birthday was on May 23rd, but Jen couldn't get everything and everybody together until today. As always, I have pictures to share!

I'll be making my rounds tonight, and this week. I know my post are few and far between, but with summer here, writing is harder. I haven't forgotten about anyone, though-- I still love ya'll!






25 comments:

MommaMonkey said...

Just thinking about vertigo makes me feel dizzy! i hope it goes away soon!

And I love the pics! What a bunch of cuties, especially that God Son of yours! Blue icing for a first birthday is always a MUST!

Anonymous said...

well summer is off with a bang for you! hang in there like a hair in a biscuit

CindyCinlou said...

Hope you feel better soon! Your god sons are so cute!!! Take care and enjoy this great summer! Oh by the way I start my new job tomorrow just wanted to share my good news :)!!!

eyes_only4him said...

man hope your vertigo leaves soon, I would SOOO hate that.

Turtle Guy said...

I have a couple friends who suffer from vertigo... way to mess things up! One fellow actually stumbles regularly, it's that bad.

You have a whole host of things going on, too... *sigh*

Sometimes it's really easy to get down about these things because they seem like the "only" things going on - they're so big. It's nice to see that your scope is so much larger than that. Things like luncheons - social things - are a wonderful distraction and serve to remind us that the world doesn't begin and end with only our troubles.

Mike Minzes said...

Great Blog!! I will be back for more!!

Anonymous said...

vertigo-ugh! I hope it leaves asap.

great photos.

My 13yo would have liked to stolent hat confederate flag on your table!

ZoeyBella said...

Hope you enjoy the summer! :)

Riccie said...

Just popping in to say hi. Love ya too, sweetie! Enjoy your summer. Too bad about the vertigo. Sheesh! Keep smiling.

Natalia said...

Oh no! My dad had that for a while. Not pretty. I hope this is the last one of the issues and that your summer is blissful.

-N

Greta Adams said...

that is really cool about your luncheon...
hope you get to feeling better soon sistah!
*muah*

Deb said...

Ah- well happy birthday to Luke!

I'm sorry to hear that you have vertigo. I had it a few years back, and I was a complete dizzy mess! Hope you feel better!

Missed you!!! xxoo

Kelly said...

Vertigo sucks

Anonymous said...

Hi there - although I haven't been around in ages, even with unfortunate news - like Vertigo - it is impossible to exit without a smile. I too haven't forgotten you in spite of being so slack with my own posts and visiting. I hope the Vertigo clears up soon - Congrats on the birthday - and what a cool group to have joined ... have fun with it all and be well. xox

Catch said...

Vertigo sucks! I hope you are better soon! The pics were great...I bet that blue icing was good!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you (((((Christy))))

Rose

xo

Ladiebug said...

Ugh I hate that! I have only ever had it ince in my life and it really sucked! Sounds like your body is getting everything out before you get pregnant! Hope you feel better soon :0)

Mississippi Songbird said...

I hope you feel better soon.
The pictures are great!
Bunches of hugs...

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry the vetigo has struck. Is it a new thing, a side effect of medication? Or just he universe's way of messing with you this week? Praying you will soon be well. The kids are SO cute!

X said...

Hugs to you! Those are great pics and I hope you get to 100% soon! :)

mcBlogger said...

Great photos. I hope the vertico goes soon. I can't imagine what it must feel like. I'm imagining being perma-drunk with out the lack of inhibitions to make things more fun.

Mermaid Melanie said...

hope you are feeling better. i love that song on your blog.

HUGZ

LZ Blogger said...

1st birthday's are the most fun for the adults! The kids usually just like to GET TO play in the cake frosting and other than that, they have NO CLUE what the heck all the fuss is about! ~ jb///

Anonymous said...

Popped by to see how you are doing. Hope you and your family have a fun, safe and restful summer. xox

Cinderella said...

I am hoping you are having fun in the sun! Great pictures =)