As many of you know, I've struggled with my weight (greatly due to PCOS/IRS), along with many others in this world. I was bound and determined that I was going to lose the weight on my own. I wasn't taking "the easy way out" by having gastric by-pass or any other type of surgery to lose weight. I was going to do it myself.
For a little while, I've sorta been at a plateau, but then again, I haven't exactly done everything I know I should to get the rest of this weight off of me. After tonight, I know I have to, and that I CAN.
I watched a show on TLC, "The World's Heaviest Man". Manuel Uribe, of Mexico, was the world's heaviest man, weighing over 1200lbs. All he wanted was help in order to lose weight. He was offered gastric by-pass surgery in order to help him lose weight. Instead, he chose to try "The Zone Diet." In the time span of a year, he lost 200lbs-- and from what I understand, he's currently lost 395lbs! 395 ON HIS OWN! How WONDERFUL is that? A man, who was completely dependant upon others for EVERYTHING, made the choice to change his lifestyle.
I applaud him for not only trying, but sticking with a lifestyle change that has literally meant the difference between life and death. He definitely inspired me to make a difference in my life. It's up to me to make the changed needed to get the rest of my weight off. I'm so sorry that Manuel Uribe ended up as heavy as he did, but I thank him for sharing his story with us, because of him, I know what I need to do, and he gave me the inspiration I needed to do it. His motto is, "If I can do it, anyone can," and he's right. Anyone can do it, and I'm gonna do it, too!
Monday, April 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




21 comments:
holy crap. I saw that last night too...then after that was " i eat 33,000 caolires a day"...that shit scared me steaight I tell u what..
I feel so bad for those people...its no differnt that being an addict to drugs, alcohol or anythig else that can kill u..
so sad.
I think that having a major lifestyle change such as ‘dieting’---which I hate that word---is the hardest thing in the world. I’ve tried dieting, exercising and all sorts of weight loss things, and failed miserably. I’ve even seen doctors- as I’ve spoken to you about regarding PCOS and my hormone fluctuations. The simple truth is, some people just have different body make ups that make it harder to lose weight.
Health-wise, it’s important, but if you’re comfortable in your own skin, blood levels are good, etc…then I think it’s a matter of how well you carry yourself.
I find it amazing with this man, because it’s a complete life altering change. Can he stick with it? For how long? Will his cravings for comfort food return? All these questions run through my mind when I see such an achievement like this. I hope that he realizes that the health feels better, than the food… I hope I can come to the realization that my health feels better than my alcohol---which has caused me to have weight issues in itself. {sigh}
I need a drink!
I know all too well about needing to lose weight, I packed it on when I was preggers for Wee One and it is still hanging around, after 3 years...sigh.
My sister has done 'The Zone' for a couple of years now. She lost weight and looks great, she swears by it.
Oh I am so happy you feel inspired. I know what you are going through as a fellow PCOS sufferer. Kudos to you and the best goo luck vibes coming to you from me.
-N
You're lovely, best of luck with your goal!
Wow that is amazing! I have heard good things about the Zone diet.
Good Luck.. You'll be my inspiration..
hugs
I saw it too. Very inspiring, indeed. It's amazing what food can do to a person, isn't it? I mean it can harm you, or it can help you. It all comes down to choices. If you want to lose the weight, I'm so sure you'll be able to do it!
I know you can do it. Losing weight is more than about looking good it is about being healthy which is more important in my book.
i've seen these shows before too, it's a great thing when it inspires people and makes them realize that they CAN do it, you just have to work for it and believe that you can. I wish you the best of luck and know that you CAN do it
I missed that program...so what is the zone diet?
That's an awesome achievement! Great for him!
And good stuff....you have a great attitude! Losing weight is tough...I know, I've been there, am doing that. ;) Sometimes you just want to say "Screw it, bring on the nachos" but if you keep with that great outlook, you'll have no problems!
You are in my prayers as you set off on this new journey to health and wellness!
Amazing...and inspiring! Sweetie, please remember, we love you just exactly as you are. If you feel this is something you truly want to try, then, by all means, you have our support!
Good luck to you, hon. Whatever makes you happy...and healthy.
1200 pounds. That is almost too hard to believe! But to overcome is even more difficult to understand! ~ lz///
good luck Christy... I'm a yoyo dieter... I lose it, I gain and somo more, I lose it, I gain and some more. It is so soul destroying and although I joke about it on my blog and my love of chocolate, I have learnt it takes only one thing... willpower.
What is the zone diet?
I have horrible eating habits, and have little motivation to change it, although I know I need to, congrats on your awesome attitude!
Dieting has never been easy for me. I'm 5'10" so thankfully my curves, hips n' ass are somewhat well balanced. I've come to accept the fact that I probably will never be a size 9 again. But I've also come to embrace it. (Namely because I have terrible will power)
Maybe if I stuck to a diet plan and believed in it I could trade in my size 12 skirts one day.
You have GOT to be kidding me! This guy didn't "end up this big." He made himself this big - by choice - every hour of every day! It's truly pathetic! He LIVED off Pizza & Tacos for five years -- FIVE YEARS! A little watching what you eat & exercise and you will keep the few extra ounds off -- you don't have to buy into some silly diet or pill program. It's not a big secret - just eat salad and grilled meats - lay off the butter and fried foods - raise your heart rate 45 minutes a day and you'll lose weight! Not that hard folks!! But, as for this guy, he had to TRY to get this big! And what a selfish bum too -- his choice cost taxpayers tons of money in a country where kids die every day because they don't have access to medicine -- but, this guy thniks the world revolves around HIM!!
i saw that show about a year ago and i too think he is a inspiration to all out there...good luck girl...you can do it!!
Post a Comment