Tuesday, January 30, 2007

When Fantasy and Reality Collide...

I got a e-mail from an old friend today. They were talking about character blogging-- which is something I used to LOVE to do. I still keep up the "Olivia" blog, but have been neglecting to Chloe's blog. The flame just burned out there, I suppose-- although, I really enjoy reading the old posts. It was a good time, and very therapeutic, to say the least.

Even as an adult, there's nothing like "pretend time". Getting to be someone else for just a little while, being able to let go of all the things that the are dragging you down in your life. For that few moments in time, there's no worrying about bills, health, jobs, anything that's weighing you down in your life-- you get to be a completely different person.

For a long time, I thought I was crazy, but I realize, that it's completely normal to want to escape reality on occasion, and what's more therapeutic than writing? So here's to you, dear friend, and all others who enjoy escape by fiction!

PS: I was looking at the picture of "Chloe" and a picture of myself, and you know, it's kinda scary-- judge for yourself.

Christy:


Chloe':

14 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

I think that writing is hands-down the BEST therapy out there! It's the best way to "act out" all sorts of things! And, besides, if you're doing it through writing you're not doing it in any dangerous ways! LOL
And, yes, you and Chloe do resemble each other!

Anonymous said...

I want to escape reality quite frequently....where should my next trip be??? Wanna point me in the right direction of peace, quiet, tranquility, love, friendship, and enormous amounts of money????

Give me directions.....or I'd get lost.

Yes, you and Chloe have some similiar characteristics.

Anonymous said...

I take virtual reality trips all the time. Soon as they legalize LSD I will be there alot more often lol! And there is nothing wrong with escaping once in a while. They are called mental health days.
There is something about red heads that really get my goat.......baaaaaaabaaaaaaaa
Horny goat that is!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy. I'm beginning to think that I'm normal after all.

Never knew you had other blogs. Doh!!

BarnGoddess_01 said...

Like bri, I dodnt know you had other blogs!

nothing wrong with a little escape from the real deal, it just might preserve your sanity

Anonymous said...

Calgon,Take me away!!!...lol

**hugs**

Anonymous said...

Writing is the best form or therapy for me. I never really read before- like books or anything like that. Then I realized why. I only like non-fiction stories and books. I could never get into made up characters or fictional stories. That's just 'me' though. I like hearing the real deal about someone's life.

The pictures do resemble one another! Wow!

Anonymous said...

We play roles everyday, examples being, Wife, Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend and so on. It's nice to have a role that is carefree and it's dedicated to you and your happiness.

As for the picture, you look similar in some ways. I can totally see that.

ann said...

oh memories of Chloe and Bobby.... those were the days and Nicole and Alex were on the scene then Isabella and now our dear Bobbyblog has gone gone gone. Do you hear from Tan?

The difference was you and Bobby were planned and feeding off each other, whereas mrsbg was one on her own.

I struggle with mrsbg too... possibly because I am now enjoying the poetry so much more, but hopefully a new one will surface shortly.

Enjoy being Olivia; Elliot and Carolyn are still out there.

Anonymous said...

HA! I didn't know that was you??! That's awesome. I kept wondering who that was...lol. Good one!

Catch said...

You are much prettier than Chloe.

Anonymous said...

sisters? or is that... sistahs!!!

Riccie said...

Oh, Christy. If I wouldn't be for my desire and ability to write, I would have completely lost my mind long ago. Nothing at all wrong with writing! Not at all! I think everyone should crank out a story at least once a week! :)

Anonymous said...

Great work.