Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Does It Get Any Better???


This post will be somewhat random, so I apologize in advance if you have a hard time following me. Over a period of 24 hours, two things that I've been looking for, for well over two years, I've found. I lost my beauty school diploma shortly after getting my job at Proffitts' in 2004. I've searched my house from top to bottom numerous times. I've torn my desk apart on more than one occasion. Last night, the urge to look, again, was strong. I began to go through the desk, and low and behold, there it was! I couldn't believe it! I found it! I know, it's just a piece of paper, but it meant so much to me. I mean, hell, it took discipline for me to get out of bed to actually go and get some education for the few months I actually had to go to school. I could actually say I was a college graduate-- even if it was a technical college.

Second, the one that meant the most. Tonight, as I was surfing around on MySpace, it hit me-- Missy probably has a MySpace, too. Well, at least I hoped she did. Missy was my best friend in beauty school. I absolutely loved that girl! We had so much fun together! After we graduated, we kept in touch, but not as much as I would've liked. At some point in time in 2003, she moved, and we lost touch. I've been searching for her since 2004, with no luck. I knew her full name, maiden name, birthday, nearly everything, but couldn't find her. Tonight, on a whim, and a quick search, I was able to find her. I sent her a friend request, so hopefully the next time she logs on, we'll be able to get back in touch.

Cat update: They're adjusting well to their new home. Both were adopted from the Sullivan County Humane Society, via Pet's Mart in Kingsport. VanGogh was given his name by his former surrogate parent, due to the fact that most of his right ear is missing. Granted, the artist was missing his left ear, but it fits nonetheless. He's a huge cat, and a first class "fraidy cat!" He was terrified of Lil' Mo, a very small 5 month old orange tabby! They're both doing well, and I'm enjoying having them in our home!

I can't believe my luck! For as shitty as things have been for the past year-- things are FINALLY taking a turn for the better!

16 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

That is SO cool about finding both your diploma and your friend!! Are you thinking of going back to work doing that again?
I have reconnected with three good friends from WAY BACK within the last few years--one just a few months ago! One was my best friend injunior high and she and I had actually kept in touch over the years some. But the other two were two of my best friends in grade school--like from 2nd grade!!! It is SO amazing to be talking with them again. All because of the Web!! Too cool!!
Hope things continue to look up for you!

flea said...

yes! finally a happy uplifting post, i'm so glad to see things lift up for you and i'm sure it will just keep getting better. just stay positive and positive things will come your way!

isn't it funny how we have "feelings" sometimes? gotta love intuition eh!?

BarnGoddess_01 said...

great post! Im glad things are going good :)

I hope your friend gets your myspace message.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found your diploma! I'm so excited that you found your friend too....it'll be great if you all can reconnect! Keep us posted. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

(((Christy)))

Love you and I am so happy that you are getting good things back into your
life.

Bless you my giving friend.

Deb said...

Hey Christy!

That's great that you found your certificate! I bet this means a lot.

Myspace is funny-- how we can look up old friends without going onto some wacky alumni site, you know?

I hope everything is great on your end- sounds like it is!

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

Anonymous said...

I am happy kitties are adjusting !

Good to know you haven't lost your mind and have found some things.

Glad you liked my blog! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty. I know your pain because I've lost not only one cat this year but three. I accidently ran over one (sad story) and the other two got outside and left. I'm so glad you adopted two more special babies to love. Good news about finding your old frined. I'm tying to do the same and hope my outcome is a good one too.

Catch said...

I am so happy you found your friend!!!! And of course your diploma!! Keep us updated if you hear from her. Glad things are looking up for you Christy and the fur babies are doing well! Huggs~

Anonymous said...

There's something magical about reconnecting with someone meaningful and valuable from your past. I'm thrilled for you. Frame your certificate, display it - it is an achievement to be proud of and every time you look at it you will be reminded of just how many amazing things you still have to do. Gorgeous pics, as ALWAYS. Lots of Love. xxooxx

Anonymous said...

Good pics...

I am interested in the cosmotology license...What all are you qualified to do? How much do you have to pay for your license each year???

Anonymous said...

Glad things are looking up for you and you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful News! I hope it just keeps on getting better for you...

**hugs**

ann said...

your post is so upbeat... I'm really happy and delighted for you :>)

Courtney said...

Yeah!!! I'm glad things are looking up! I know what you mean about the diploma. I woke up one night and had to search through some boxes for it. No one has ever asked for it... but, I just had to know where it was!

Riccie said...

(((Christy)))
Yeah, I have to agree. My 2006 ended very badly...but so far, 2007 is...cool!