Yep, you've guessed it. Someone in the world has changed their underwear, and, alas, I have changed jobs, again. As most of you know, I've been having problems at Sprint since the second week of training. I'm a reasonable person. If someone doesn't like me, I can still be professional to them, while going about my business. It's not rocket science. It wasn't until recently, that I found out Sprint DOES NOT recognize Easter as a holiday. Ok, that was a VERY big deal to me.
I believe in freedom of religion- ALL RELIGIONS and/OR LACK THEREOF. With that being said, I'm tired of my rights being taken away. If I want to worship on Good Friday, Easter, Christmas- whenever, I should be able to! In the same right, a Jew should be able to worship on Yom Kippur, A Wiccan on the Winter Solstice, an Atheist should be entitled to have a day just for themselves and their thoughts- NO ONE SHOULD BE LEFT OUT OR DISCRIMINATED AGAINST. At Sprint, it's just too damn bad, and that's a problem for me.
We're open 365 days a year, and if you're scheduled to work on one of Holy Days in your chosen religion, that's just too damn bad. Sorry, that's not good enough for me.
Not only this, but when I took this job, I was looking for a career. A place where I could excel and thrive. Instead, I entered into a training class where the instructor has no clue what proper grammar is, and only helps those who are her "chosen ones". No, I'm not kidding. She has 3 people in the training class that she/they text message each other and call one another at night. In class, they are the only ones who received help and praise. The rest of the class became an afterthought. When anyone would try to stand up and say something, or just let the situation go- THEY were the ones who ended up with the blame.
Yesterday, at my exit interview, I let it ALL fly! I told EVERYTHING. I told about the unprofessionalism that took place in my training class. I told that there were people in the class afraid to even ask questions. I told there were people in the class who feared going to HR for help, for fear of losing their jobs. Nothing went unsaid. I told each person I spoke to in my exit interview, that I all I wanted was for the rest of my co-workers who were left to be treated fairly. I didn't care what they had to do, but I wanted them to make SURE that they had a fair shake, because for the past 5 weeks, they hadn't.
Sprint has just left a bad taste in my mouth. It's a company that forces you to take health insurance, even if you can't afford it, and doesn't really care about a persons right to worship. It's been very frustrating. I've put up with 5 weeks of hell, in hopes that there would be a light at the end of the tunnel. Indeed, I saw that light- and it told me to get the hell out of there. I did, and am much happier.
I start my new job today at 5pm. I'm going to be a data entry clerk. Hopefully, I should be left alone to do my typing in peace- I'll let ya know how it goes!
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Good luck with your new job....I'll be thinkin' of ya! Hugs!
Best of luck, darling. I hope this one is the one that makes you happy...or at least doesn't drive you bonkers.
*huggles*
-N
Oh my, I think I would have quit too. Who wants to work for a place like that? Glad you high-tailed it out of there! Hope the new job is much more satisfying!
Good luck honey
lotsa luv ann xxxx
Good luck at the new job hope it works out well!!!
Good for you for saying your piece. Wishing you every success in your new job.
Hooray for standing up for what you believe in!
My first thought while reading this was...YOU GO, GIRL! My second thought was...someone needs to contact a CWA representative and get some dialog going. No fraking way would we put up with that nonsense.
Go Girl! Good for you.. **bunches of hugs***
You go girl..I love it when people stand up for what they believe..that was great, good luck in your new job..M
Post a Comment