Thursday, October 12, 2006

Not Right... And Happy!




Penny Meat Patty: A piece of meat that in theory, is only 1 cent. Ex: A cheeseburger from McDonald's cost 99 cents. A DOUBLE cheeseburger is $1.00, which stands to reason, that the EXTRA piece of meat on the burger is only 1 cent, therefore, making it a PENNY MEAT PATTY! (Thank you Michael for this wonderful theory!)

Why are our heads Spam and ham, you ask? Well, I HATE the song, "Black Betty." For those of you who know this song, you know some of the lyrics are, "Whoa Black Betty, ram-a-lam" or something to that effect. Well, we made our own lyrics to the tune of "Black Betty", which goes like this- "Penny Meat Patty, Spam and Ham!"

Yes, I'm aware, we're extremely eccentric.

On a VERY happy note, I LOVE my new job!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I've never actually had a job that was truly, low stress, and that I honestly liked every aspect of! I drive less than 30 minutes, no one harasses me, I don't have to worry about what I say, I take my breaks when I want them, I know what I'm doing, and don't have to have someone to tell me what to do, I work at my own pace, and when the work is done, I go home, without worrying about what's going to happen when I go back tomorrow! I TRULY hope this job will last a long time (it's through a temp to hire agency)- Here's to hoping for the best!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

PENNY MEAT PATTY ... how do you possibly drive up to the window with a straight face after that? I am SO happy for you about the new job. I think going to work in that headspace guarantees the 'hire' part - good luck and enjoy! xox

Deb said...

Hmm. Penny meat patty? Well the pictures of your 'spam heads' are priceless---I'll say that!

YOU are living everyone's dream----TO LOVE THEIR JOB? Can you get me an application please?????

{{hugs}} So happy for you!

BarnGoddess_01 said...

LOL, nahhh your not too eccentric, I can totally relate. I HATE that song too!

I am happy you love your job! those kinds are few and ar between. May this last as long as you want it to :)

almost friday.......yippeeeeeeee

MommaMonkey said...

Wow that sounds like a great job! So glad you are much happier there!

And thank you for your penny-meat theory. Now it's got me thinking...

flea said...

ah god, you crack me up! i don't think meat will ever be the same, and i'm so, so happy that the job is working out, you deserve it girl!

Cheryl Wray said...

You guys crack me up! I love the whole meat patty theory!!
Read your post about Gatlinburg--yes, we were there on New Year's Eve but my middle DD got sick so we watched the Space Needle from our room. We had a blast there over the holidays--we'd only been up there during the summer, and we loved it!!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! It is high time work gave you some satisfaction. Saying a praying that they keep you forever!

superstar said...

good picture

ann said...

oh Christy, long may it last... good luck

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

mcBlogger said...

I like that whole Penny Meat Patty thing. Brilliant!

Good luck on the job. I really hope it pans out and you get to stay there, it sound great!

~art said...

Sounds like a dream job!

Riccie said...

Doing what you like...that's makes the world go round a lot easier for you :) I happy for you. By the way changing Ram Jam's Black Betty...funny stuff!

K said...

Yay @ Christy!

X said...

I love that you're happy! Hugs!

LOL @ the spam and ham thing. AHAHHA

Natalia said...

I don't think enough people realize what not being harrassed does for someone! It is LOVELY.

Glad you are happy :)

-N

Mississippi Songbird said...

Sounds like you'll be there a while.. I'm glad you like your job..Good Luck..

Cindy said...

Here's hoping that your new job will last forever! Penny Meat Patty- what a novel idea, wonder where else you could use the theory. Maybe at the buy one, get one free sales in the super market, "well, this one's free so why can't I have the other one for free too?"