Monday, September 25, 2006

My Weekend...

See Bottom for details.








I didn't stop from the time I got home from work on friday, until I went to bed on sunday night. I had my paranormal group meeting on saturday, and had the best time. We basically discussed the plans for our big Halloween party next month. After our meeting, we went to the South Holston Dam for an very informal investigation. When the dam was built, a cemetery stood on the land where the dam was being built. Legend has it, that most of the graves were NOT relocated, and the dam has high paranormal activity. We didn't exactly pick up any activity, but had a great time. As you can see, we're not exactly right. Michael said we had another "prom pic", we're always posing around water- there's something up with that, but we haven't figured it out yet!

On sunday, I had my company picnic. It left a LOT to be desired. I had been looking forward to it all week long. When we got there, there were only about 50 people, and I work with over 600 people. Ok, no biggie, I assumed it was just early. We went to eat, and my Maryland Fried Chicken was COLD- I mean ICE COLD. There weren't any of the great sides from MFC either- no green beans, okra, mashed potatoes- you get the drift. Ok, my lunch sucked. So, we went to the pool. It was HUGE indoor pool, which was something I was really looking forward to. I had a great time swimming, but didn't know a soul there. Several people from my training class were supposed to be there, but apparently didn't' feel the need to show up. I was really disappointed. Don't get me wrong, swimming was fun, but it wasn't really a "company" activity- everyone kept to themselves, which was really disappointing.

At least I KNOW I'm going to have some good food today. Tiffany, one of my friends from training is cooking for us, and bringing lunch for everyone, that I AM looking forward to! I hope everyone had a good weekend- can't wait to see what ya'll have been up to!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the food situation improves today! You do look happy in the pics. Hope the week ahead is a good one!

Deb said...

The photos are great! Wow, that must have been so interesting going to that cemetary and trying to see if there was any paranormal activity. Too bad you didn't get to experience any--but still, the legend sounds so fascinating. I love going to those 'real haunted houses' upstate where I live, on Halloween, just to see if anything happens. Usually nothing ever does, because there's a ton of people doing the same thing!

AWE said...

Did you ever read "Dawn of the Vampire" by William Hill? It sparked a lot of questions about the lake even though it is fiction.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Oh, I love paranormal activity! Someday I want to join an investigative team if I can. Someday.

I'm glad you had a "packed" weekend! Keeps ya busy!

BarnGoddess_01 said...

great pics!! the scenery is gorgeous!!

interesting about the Dam....we have a subdivision in Okla built on tribal burials grounds, they say drums can be heard and paranormal occurrences have happened. I forgot where it was, now I am going to have to find out where!

bummer about the picnics food. Atleast you got to swim :)

CindyCinlou said...

Sounds fun have a great week! :)

Cinderella said...

Wow you know I want to be in your group!! That's something I could get into..sounds like fun!!

The pics are great, sorry the chicken was cold and no side dishes? What's up with that???

I hope your lunch today is awesome and makes up for the cold chicken incident.

Have a great Monday!

Greta Adams said...

sounds like you had a great time...sorry for the disappointment though

Turtle Guy said...

Great photos from your life! Thanks for sharing.

Mississippi Songbird said...

Hey, What a Great Blog! I love the pics, the layout.. So creative..
I found you thru another blog..
Thanks for sharing..

Natalia said...

Yaay more pics. Paranormal club!!!! Sounds awesome. Wish I had some extra time for that. Maybe after the Ph.D. :)

-N

Ladiebug said...

I love the pics!
I love having busy weekends but soemtimes I need another one to recooperate!

cathouse teri said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures!

Anonymous said...

the last picture is very nice and romantic .. perfect color of the sky and water :)