Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Just Blah...

It's been a week at work- apparently I've offended someone- Imagine that. Normally, I would care if I offended someone, especially if I said something that was truly offensive, but since I didn't, I could care less how they feel. Yeah, they reported me out of spite. Needless to say, I'm not in trouble. My trainer felt it was absolutely ridiculous, and took care of the situation. Even though I've only been there a week, I've been there long enough for her to know I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings or *God forbid* offend someone. It's time to start getting real people.

The girl I *offended*, is 20 years old, overweight (granted, I'm one to talk, but the next comment will explain), and comes to work in clothes that are 3 sizes too small, with her boobs hanging out, and when she bends over, you can see her thong and her entire behind. Something I DO NOT WANT TO SEE!!! Have I reported her for this? Absolutely not. It's her perrogative to walk around looking like trash. I just simply overlook it.

Whatever happened to "personal responsibility?" I mean, standing up, and telling someone when you're bothered by something, instead of acting like a two year old and running and tattling to someone else? I mean, if there's one thing I that Sprint loves is, I "Own It." yep, if I say something, make some type of mistake- whatever- I will take responsibility for it. I'm not the type to say, "oh, I didn't say that!" When, in reality, I did. I'll stand up and admit it. I just can't stand a coward, and apparently, I work with a lot of them. That's ok, because I don't plan on keeping this job anyway. Whenever the strike ends, my happy self is outta there. The drive is way too long, and the amount I'm spending on gas is ridiculous. The ONLY reason I'm there now (aside from the NEEDING the money at this point) is health insurance.

Ugh. Gotta go to work. Here's to hoping I have a drama free day!

16 comments:

Dr.John said...

I do hope you have a better day. We spend so much time at our job that it is horrible when life is notgood there. I have noticed that people take less and less responsiblity for themselves. It starts youn. I was visiting a member of the parish when the little boy came needing to have his pants changed. his mother said "Did you wet your pants" His answer. "No my sister did it".

Anonymous said...

I am always amazed by what people find acceptable to wear in public never mind to work. Of course, this comes from a woman in a clerical collar and respectable suits with below the knee skirts!

Riccie said...

Offending someone is one way of keeping youself on their mind whether they want to think about you or not. HA! If the offense is unpleasant (in their mind), then so much the better. No skin off your nose. It's up to the other person to pull out the positives. Smile, sweetie! I'm wishing you great day :)

Cinderella said...

I hate, hateee, hateeee people that talk trash behind someone's back, especially if they are adults, grow the fugg up!!

Whatever happened to the days when someone had an issue that they would confront that person, I guess they are no more, but I DO RESPECT the people that tell you when they have an issue, whether it's by phone, email, a letter or in person, it's better then the trash talkin cowards.

Hang in there!! *Here's to hoping this strike ends soon*

flea said...

kick her ASS!! ha ha kidding, if only it were that easy!

keep your head held high, only a a few more weeks, or god willing an end to "the strike"

hope u have a better day today :0)

RedNeckGirl said...

Oooooh.....you got in trouble....LMAO...I figured since she was acting like a child I'd join in....hee hee.

But seriously, she should have came to you before she ran tattle telling....and what is up with the way she dresses? I know they said casual but damn they should at least have some rules.

Well I hope today is drama free.......HUGS!!!!

Read This said...

My god woman, think of the children...think of the children. They need to see a thong once in a while. They take for granted that they will see a large woman in a bra three sizes to small. You want to take this away from them? Think of the children, how come no one thinks of the children anymore? LOL. Ok, I am not a fan of the big thongs. In fact, I am really not a fan of things anymore. Even on the smallest of women, they still ride up there. Come on, uccckkk.

X said...

I hate whiners. Bah. I'm glad your supervisor is on your side and ignore that chickie.....she needs to get herself on What Not to Wear! Hope the rest of the week goes better!

Margie said...

Hi
I meant to stop by earlier n say thanks for visiting my blog a few days ago!
You have a great place here!
And, I als hope you have
a drama free day!

Margie

Deb said...

Ugh, there's nothing worse than someone not "respecting their size" and wearing a size 3 when they fit perfectly into a 14. (Love curvy women!) Sorry. That was an outburst there!!! Anyway, when I was working at a telecommunications company, like you, everyone had to dress "APPROPRIATELY". If their skirt was too short, they would get written up, if their cleavage was showing, ---again---written up.

Well in this case, there was a girl there who made the same amt of money...(and you know that these companies pay very well) ---- well this one girl dressed as though she got her clothes from a dumpster.

Now, I'm not one to make fun at someone's clothes or poke fun at someone's misfortune...but she was making GREAT money! No one reported her, because they felt bad. AND, if someone would have come in looking like a fricken bag of laundry, they would have been SENT HOME!

So, I agree with you. If it's offensive, that's your right...or just let her "keep thinking" it looks good.

Ba ha!!!

Okay, my evil ways are getting in the way today!

cathouse teri said...

Dearest, I'm gonna give a different point of view on this.

First of all, if we are trying not to be catty, what the hell are all those previous comments then?

Second, it's none of our business how someone else chooses to dress. Unless they are working for you, I say you have no right to be critical. You weren't clear about what you said to offend her. But I can't think of an appropriate way to mention that you don't like her fashion sense and have any good excuse for it except that you somehow have put yourself above her.

I agree, it's a terrible thing to dress in a manner that is not fitting for your figure. Some are not as fortunate as we are to have had that training. I'm sure she struggles just as much as you or I do with her self-image.

Try a little kindness. And if you don't like the way someone dresses, don't look at them.

(Here's yet another view. I HATE LOATHE AND DESPISE the smell of perfumes and colognes. People bathe in it and have no idea that they are overwhelming others. Do I have a right to say, "what the fuck are you doing? don't you know that bothers me?" Oh man, I wish I did. But I don't.)

I say, just be glad it's a temporary situation. Try to see her as a person, rather than an atrocity. It will make your day so much better. I much prefer to have that power in my hands, rather than theirs.

Anonymous said...

As I was attempting to keep the cold coming on at bay over chicken soup, this Mark Twain quote kept coming into my head - and I realized it was in response to your post today _ I was just feeling so lousy it took a while for my brain to catch on:
"CLOTHES MAKE THE MAN -NAKED PEOPLE HAVE LITTLE OR NO INFLUENCE IN SOCIETY."

Courtney said...

Ugh!!! No one wants to see that! Hope tomorrow is better!

BarnGoddess_01 said...

Gross!!!! I am no twiggy either, but it is distasteful seeing a thong hanging out the back of someone's fat *ss. If it were me, Id be soooooo embarrassed!

Sometimes, I wonder if people ever look in the mirror before they leave their house.

Turtle Guy said...

Hee hee... you might like the photo at Susie's Post Here

Natalia said...

I am all for honesty. Anyone that knows me knows this. Surely I think there is tact. But some people don't get subtlety and need to be told in the simplest words. And if she were an adult she would be able to just talk to you about what offended as opposed to having to go cry to someone. Maybe it's generational. When my students have a problem with me, they tend to want to go above my head. My boss always asks them if they have talked to me. If they haven't she refuses to talk to them unless it is a matter that would involve ethics/sexual misconduct, etc.

Good luck, babes!

-N