Just wanted to stay in their nice warm bed this morning, instead of rolling over, and getting up to go to work? Show of hands- (yep, both of mine are high in the air.) As much as I complain about getting up early, and I do hate it- it's actually good for me. I'm on somewhat of a schedule, and that's something I haven't really been on in years. At night, when it's time to go to bed, I don't fool around. I'm typically asleep within 10 minutes of getting in bed. I get up at the same time every day, with the exception of the weekends- I sleep ALL I want then! ;0) So, I guess maybe it's not as bad as I'm making it out to be.
I can't believe I've made it through my second week of training. Last week, things were just dragging on, I thought it would be the longest 7 weeks of my life! Now, I have no idea where the time is actually going! There is so much information to process, that we're not retaining half of what we're learning. One thing that's good, is that we do have a system that we can search while we're on a call for one of those "gray answers".
I'm really looking forward to our company picnic on sunday. I've never been to the center where we're having the picnic/party, but there's an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, basketball court, volleyball- all sorts of activities AND we're having Maryland Fried Chicken! For anyone who's eaten at MFC, you know what I'm talking about! There were people that I worked with at Proffitts, that would gnaw your arm off if you went to MFC and didn't invite them, too!
Time for me to get my happy self off of here and get ready for work. I was sad I didn't get to make my blog rounds last night- I was just so tired I couldn't do it. I'll be catching up with ya'll tonight! :0)
Friday, September 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Happy Friday!
have an awsome time on Sunday, you deserve it! :P
TGIF! I totally hear what you're saying about getting up in the morning and having that routine... It's healthy. And to go to bed early and get SLEEP----so so so so important. Without sleep, I'm a walking zombie--it's worse than a hangover for me.
Have fun at your company's picnic...and the MFC??? If it's better than KFC, I'm heading down your way! I love my fried chicken, but my arteries always try to call 911!!! ;)
Enjoy your weekend!!!
Happy Morning - I am one of those annoying people who really is a morning person. I am usually up at 5:00 -happy and ready to go - but don't ask me to think after 6:00 PM - I turn into instant zombie. Body clocks are funny things. We are in party mode at my house - my oldest turns 18 tomorrow! Had all his friends for a party last night and we are off the grandparents for the family party tomorrow! Have a great weekend all!
Well I might just be the exception because I love my job and I am happy to come over here and see my team and spend time doing what I love. But even then there are plenty of times my bed feels to good to leave it.
I am so happy that you are doing well and feeling good about the job all in all. Having a bit of a schedule definitely helps productivity.
Yaay for the weekend, though. And now I want some chicken.
-N
I am glad your work training is getting better :)
I function poorly w/out a routine, how sad am I? I am up between 6-7 am regardless of anything..sigh.
picnic? I hope you have a great time. I love friend chicken, yummmmmm alto I am NOT familiar w. MFC :(
I'm a night and morning person. I hate sleeping more than five or six hours or I feel like I'm wasting time! I know... most people just smack me. (Last night was a four hour sleep night cause the boyfriend stayed over... *wink wink*)
Company picnics are a blast! I'd love to try some of that MFC, too!
I recently had a temp job working for a company that uses a lot of temps. Just after I started there, they had a company picnic. Temps weren't invited. :( I tell ya what, I have never in my life experienced anything like discrimination. At this company I got a little taste of it. All nice people, but with no qualms about saying (right in front of me) "oh yeah, this is Teri, she's just a temp" ~ I'm surprised they let me use the front door! Anyway, I know this is nothing like what people really have had to go through, but as I said, it was my first little taste! And it wasn't nice!
Glad your week improved and I'm sure next week will be even better!
Fried chicken sounds sooo good right now!! You will have fun at your picnic, you are a fun loving person to begin with!!
And I didn't wanna get out of bed either, it was one of those days! lol
Congrats on the second week of training, you are doing great!! Keep it up! =)
Now ya' know I have eaten at MFC, in fact I passed it today and almost stopped.
The Center? As in the one on 421? If it is, that means you will be fairly close to my house.
Post a Comment