Saturday, September 30, 2006

Building A Mystery...

What a mystery Ryan was... He would stand outside of his store, and glance at me. He knew exactly how to look at me to make my heart race. I don't know what it was about Ryan, but I liked him from the moment I saw him. After talking for over four hours, I was completely hooked on him. Things had gone even better than I ever imagined. I just KNEW we were going to be together. He walked me out to my car that night, and made sure I got in my piece of shit Audi 4000 (and I DO mean piece of shit). I don't believe I slept at all that night! I was so excited! I couldn't wait til the next day at work. Unfortunately, he was off.

Things moved so fast from there. On wednesday night, at closing time, he asked me to come over and talk to him. Once again, we talked for hours on end. I was absolutely captivated by him. I can't explain it. He said things that blew my mind. Ryan was by far, one of the most intelligent people I've ever met. Around 11pm or so, we finally walked out to our cars. I'll never forget what he said to me. We were looking up at the stars, and there was one that was a more dense color than the others. He asked me if I knew why it was different from all the rest. Of course, I had no clue. He told me it was because it was traveling further away, instead of heading closer. I couldn't tell you why that's stuck in my mind, but it is. I remember how much I loved looking up at the stars with him. That night, I remember asking him why he had shared with me so many things, personal and impersonal, and he replied, "Because I know you care."

He was right, I did care- far more than I should've. Things were going so perfect- almost TOO perfect. One week to the day we met, we shared another night talking, again. The first few hours were spent inside of his store. The last few, in my car. We were talking about various things, and he asked me something about my ex. I was pretty upset (not with him, but having to talk about my ex), and he asked me for a napkin. I thought he was nuts. He was adamant I got a napkin for him. Finally, after scourging through my car, I found napkin for him. He took the napkin from me, and began making something. I couldn't figure out what he was doing, until he handed me a paper rose. I nearly cried. That was so sweet, and thoughtful of him. He knew just how to bring a smile to my face.

Within a matter of minutes, EVERYTHING changed. The sweet man I thought I knew, became someone I never dreamt he could be. He took two fingers, and pressed them against my throat, and said, "You know, with these two fingers, I could crush your larynx, and you'd be dead. Look around you, Christy, there's no one here to hear you scream, and no one knows you're with me. They wouldn't find your body until the morning." Ok, that did it. I jumped out of my car and began screaming. He was right behind me, and basically pinned me against my car. He kept telling me he was kidding me, that he wasn't serious. I don't think I had ever been that scared in my entire life. It was completely eerie how someone could go from one extreme to the other in such a short time. He layed down in the middle of the parking lot, and told me he wasn't moving until I believed he wasn't crazy.

If I had been smart, I would've gotten in my car, and driven away right then, and never looked back, but of course, I stayed. The rest of the night was normal, well, as normal as things can be for Ryan. I still really cared for him, but I just couldn't shake the feeling I had. I should've ended things with him that night, but I didn't, I couldn't. I kept on.

Once again, I've gotta leave you hanging. Tune in tomorrow, same time, same blog for latest chapter of a "love" from 9 years ago.

Just an FYI, the titles of the stories, reflect a song title that was important to me at that time in my life. I can't help but think of him when I hear them.

8 comments:

Riccie said...

I'm intrigued!!!
As for listening to your intuition, yup. I have also learned the hard way...

Anonymous said...

Well, obviously you survived. Christy - thanks be to God! But - good heavens - I'm speechless!

flea said...

wow, that's really intense and i'm dying for the next chapter! i hope u kick his ass at some point....

ann said...

you have lived to tell the tale... but what happened next?????

Anonymous said...

dang girl your love life was like an episode of "Lost" I need some popcorn when I come to your blog. lol

BarnGoddess_01 said...

OMG!what a creepy guy, I'd have ran him over while he was lying in the parking lot, left him there.

That freaked me out! Geesh, I want the rest of the story.....

I hope you kicked his ass in some shape or form.....

Anonymous said...

Riveting! I'm glad to know you are okay now, but this sounds so scary...almost unreal...sort of like a soap opera.

You must be one tough Woman!

Dead man walking said...

Well, now I am hooked. Same bat time, same bat channel...