I met a man who changed my life. I was 19 years old, and working for Merle Norman Cosmetics. Across the hall from me, was The Tilt, an arcade. I had been watching a guy who worked there for a couple of weeks. Obviously, working for a cosmetic counter, I had to look nice coming to work daily, but since I'd seen him, I was taking extra time to make sure EVERYTHING was perfect. We'd exchange glances from across the hall, but words were never spoken, not until tonight.
At 8:01pm, he walked across the hall. My heart was racing. He looked into my eyes and said, "I like to stalk stalkers." Ok, right then, I not only knew I had been "had", I also knew, I'd met my match. The night before, I had sat in the parking lot, waiting for him to leave work. I wanted to see what kind of car he drove, so that if all possible, I could park next to him. I thought that might be a good way to begin talking to him.
He didn't tell me his name immediately, and I was so enthralled by what he was saying, I didn't even bother to ask. We talked from 8:00 to 9:00 pm, when it was time for us to close our stores. After hurriedly closing, I rushed out, hoping to continue talking to him. He was sitting out on a bench with some of the employees of Ruby Tuesday. I'll never forget, I met Becky Hickman that night, and I'd give anything to be able to find her, she was a dear friend- anyway. After everyone had gone back to their stores, he asked who was going to come with him to hear his life story. Well, it's painfully obvious, I was the one jumped right up to volunteer.
We talked until well after midnight that night. He told me some of the most fascinating, off the wall things, and he did tell me his life story. I knew things about him in the first night, that most people he'd been talking to for months didn't know. I REALLY liked this guy. For weeks, I had been praying for God just to give me a chance with him, if it didn't work, I'd accept it, I just wanted the chance. On September 29th, 1997, I got that chance. It was a night I'll never forget. The guy's name, Ryan Leonard.
Needless to say, since I'm married to another man, things didn't work out between us- but it's a very interesting story to say the least, so I'll continue with more chapters. I had originally planned another post for today, but when I realized what day it is, I had to share this. It's a memory etched in my mind forever.
Friday, September 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




14 comments:
We never know the power we have to change each other's lives. Tell us the rest of the story. And blessings to Ryan wherever he is for having touched your life and helping you to grow into the person you are!
Damn, you CAN'T do that...I am sooo curious now :)
More, please?
-N
I really believe that we meet people for a reason, a season, and or, for a lifetime, like that old saying goes. There are people that come into our lives to teach us something, or to teach us something about ourselves. Your memories are the most important thing though!
ooooooh.....tell us more. ;)
More, please! Sweetie, I'm assuming you were 19, not 9. At least, I hope so! Blasted typos. They bother me all the time.
I look forward to hearing more!
wow! I think we all meet people who change our lives, for better or worse.
okay...I am ready for the REST of the story........
OMG! I sounded like Paul Harvey..
details details details (I am starting a chant!)... LOL. Oh and we are back. With a sex story to boot. Woo Hoo!
Smooches!
It's interesting how some people can never be forgotten and even just speaking about them takes us back to a special time and place in our lives. Thanks for sharing.
oh Christy, do tell us more....
Ohh..This is something I would like to hear the rest of.. There are people that come along in our lives and touch it so deeply, that we can never forget them ,no matter what..waiting patiently for the continued story..
**hugs**
~~Stephanie~~
what a wonderful story! too bad. wonder what he is doing now. or if he recalls you with the same fondness you do him.
good to know you!
;-)
What a completely enthralling post. Fantastic writing...you sure know how to keep the reader hooked! :)
Is this a true story? I'm assuming it is, but I just wanted to make sure.
Yes, this story is COMPLETELY true- anything that is fiction, will be stated- or pretty much written over on "Breathless" :0)
Post a Comment