Thursday, September 07, 2006

Annoyance...

Are there things that just annoy you to no end? I mean, things that just make your skin crawl, and your blood boil when you think about them? I think we've all got something that gets on our nerves. Some of mine, for instance, is the Bob Corker commercials. For those of you who don't live in Tennessee, you'll have no idea what I'm talking about, but you're VERY fortunate. Bob Corker is the Republican candidate for senate. Ok, yeah, ya'll know I'm a die hard Democrat, but that's not the reason I despise Bob Corker so much. On EVERY one of his ads, he brags to no end about himself- and not a damn thing to do with government. It's always, "I started my own business out of a truck at age 16"- wonderful, here's a cookie- now tell me about what you're going to do for ME. The man drives me nuts. If he beats Harold Ford Jr. I think I'll shoot myself.

While we're on commercials, how about the Vlasic Pickle commercial? Cute kids, but when the little girl says, "It's a Valasic Pickle" I want to scream- it's a VLASIC pickle, not a VALASIC pickle- Ugh!!! My OCD rears it's ugly head big time.

Words and phrases. I absolutely cannot stand the phrase, "If you will." Whenever someone says that, I ask them, "But what if I won't?" I think the hatred of that phrase came from a priest we had about 7 years ago. He had EVERYONE snowed, but me. Not trying to "toot my own horn", but I couldn't stand this man. There was something about him I just didn't like- and felt really bad, because he was a, "man of God." Well, turns out, I was right. He basically turned our plain ol' Episcopal church into a "new age haven", teaching crazy stuff, and constantly said, "if you will." Well, I did, I left our church until he was gone- that was the ONLY time in 28 years I've ever left my church. Thought you might enjoy that little tidbit of information while I ranted about "if you will" *L*.

The last words I'm going to rant about are "whilst", "booyah", "poingent", and "bittersweet". I'd wipe all of those words out of existence if I could. Don't ask me why, but when I hear people say these words, it puts me in a bad mood.

I know this post has to be an absolute scream to everyone who's read it. I know I'm insane. I take full responsibility for that- but take responsibility for nothing if I haven't had my Effexor. Thanks for reading my rant, and in the wise words of Blanche Devereux, "Share With Me!!!"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had to laugh - particularly about the priest! My chief annoyance at the moment is the people who build these enormous houses on our windy tiny New England roads, with three or four car garages and have their landscape companies park all their equipment on the street, so the rest of us regular mortals can't drive by without risking our lives.
Oh - and George Bush's "nucular" - My God, if the man can't say the word, how can he understand it enough to make policy?

Tumbleweed said...

Rant away...if you will! lol

Have a happy day babe!!

X said...

"It's always, "I started my own business out of a truck at age 16"- wonderful, here's a cookie"

That honestly made me laugh out loud! LOVE IT! Ya that pickle commercial pisses me off too.

And I have to defind Booya :P It can be fun to say :)

i used to be me said...

I hate all political candidate ads, but the ads I REALLY hate are the do-it-yourself local ads, especially car dealership ads.

RedNeckGirl said...

We have this atty locally that has these absurd commericals that drive me crazy!

BarnGoddess_01 said...

we have an accident atty out of Tulsa with commercials on channels 2.6. and 8. it sucks trying to watch the local news or something local and his frizzy haired cheeked commercials interupt-ack!

K said...

i almost burst out in laughter in my office..not good. The post is a ca-las-sic. *wink*

Smooches.

Carrie said...

You go ahead and rant! Some things just piss us off and you got to let it out!!

I cannot stand to hear George Bush talk! It makes my ears bleed. And my Democratic status has nothing to do with it, he just sounds like a doofus to me. (oh, yeah, I said doofus)

The only other thing that reallllly gets me right now, it the new president at Mississippi State University. He's a lunatic. Just stark raving mad.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy,

I love this post, some words should be banned. Been thinking about a link, how about Miss 1999~Dewy's wild funky sister? Let me know! Could do Crazy Cristy but...

DK xo

Greta Adams said...

girl...rant on...i do it all the time and half the time i don't make sense...at least you make sense....hehehehe

lexapro for me baybeeee!!! lol

Melinda said...

I agree with you. There are so many things people say that just doesn't make sense. I just want to scream at them and tell them to shut up.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Well... what phrases or commercials do you like?

:)
Always!
Jas...