
Many of you may not know, but in my spare time, I enjoy "ghost hunting". No, I don't participate in any form of provocation. I just simply enjoy a good ghost story, and checking out anywhere that's rumored to be haunted. I mean, at some point in your life, haven't you been captivated by what's on the other side? As Christians, we believe, that when you die, you either go to Heaven or Hell. However, we know that angels roam the earth, just as demons roam the earth- but spirits that are "trapped here on earth", just what are they? I had a very long discussion with my priest after visiting this house.
As I mentioned I am a member of a local paranormal group. I, and the founder, are devout Christians. Justin, describes himself as "other", although his beliefs tend to lean more to Judaism, and Missy, agnostic. Missy discovered this house- and the location shall remain disclosed. We were so excited. The FIRST place that we were able to go in and examine, that wasn't on family property. We all decided that no one would go upstairs, that we would only investigate the lower level- since we didn't know how old the house was, or the complete background on the house.
Justin went in first, and I was on his heels. Jake followed close behind. Missy would not enter. Our number one rule is NO ONE is to investigate alone. For some reason, we blew that rule all to hell in a matter of seconds. I went by myself, into a room that appeared to be a library. In this room, my camera went through three sets of batteries, just attempting to take one picture. As I walked out of the room, to the right of me, were the stairs leading to the second level. I made a split second decision. I was going up those stairs.
And up the stairs I went. The first room I came to appeared to be an old bathroom. I climbed the remaining three stairs. Directly in front of me was a door, leading out to a balcony. To the right, there was a "pink room",

and to the left, a room with the door shut. I immediately when to the shut door, pushing on it, trying to open it. I was unable to. I went into the pink room. In the "pink room" I took a picture. As soon as I took the picture, I heard a horn blow. Immediately after, I heard a car alarm in the distance. I took off down the stairs, assuming that Justin was blowing the horn for me.
As I went down the stairs, I ran into Jake. I told him I had been upstairs. I didn't bother to mention that I heard the horn blow, because I assumed he was coming to get me. I was leaving the house. I knew Jake was behind me, but when I got to the car, Jake wasn't behind me. I got into the car. A few moments later, Jake walked out of the house.
When we arrived back at our headquarters, we were reviewing evidence. While we were looking at the video, Jake said something that absolutely terrified me. He said, "I would've been able to get more footage if you hadn't blown the horn". I became pale. I asked Jake exactly where he was when he heard the horn. He replied, "In the pink room, then this car alarm kept going off." I became physically sick. Justin was snow white. He informed us, that he blew the horn ONLY once, and it was while I was in the house. Neither Justin, nor Missy heard the car alarm.
Jake and I were terrified. We were both in the same room, at completely different times, when we heard a horn blow, and a car alarm go off. No one can explain how or why this happened. I was so upset by this incident, that I had a long discussion with my priest. I told him I was confused. I always knew I had a "connection" with the other side, but I had never dabbled in anything evil. He proceeded to tell me about an encounter his wife had in the early years when they were dating. In the end, he basically told me, we just don't know what the other side holds. As Christians, we have been promised Heaven, but until we actually die, we don't know what happens to all souls.
I was concerned, as the only two people that had this experience were the two Christians. To this day, we don't know what happened, or why? It can't be explained. When we started paranormal investigations, we never bargained for anything like that.
?

Will I ever go back to that house Not without a priest, Holy Water, and some Rosaries.




12 comments:
The church has always known about the power of demons and angels. As Shakespere so eloquently put it in Hamlet, "There are more things between heaven and hell, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Trust your instincts, and if you pursue this, holy water and a crucifix should definitely be part of your equipment! Be careful, please.
Kate+
P.S. Have you read Susan Howatch's series of novels about the C of E -two of the priests in these novels are exorcists and healers with great experience in the para normal.
OMG!! I have been sitting engrossed in this story. I fully believe in the paranormal but you had a very strong reaction to that place, or whatever was in it. I don't think I would go back alone.
I also appreciate that your priest is so open minded and that he understands that we don't really know until it's our time. Very good support system you have there.
One of the places I took pictures at yesterday made that chill go up my spine and then settle nasty in my stomach. It wasn't even one of the houses, it was a path in the woods. It felt wrong, just wrong. I would love to talk with you about all this, one of my passions as well.
Even though it was scary, it sounds like you all had fun!!
Wow! My girlfriend and I always watch shows that investigate ghosts. October has all those 'haunted shows' that scare us silly. But, in my house that I live in now which is pretty old, we have seen orbs---and Madelene never knew was an orb was, until one bounced in the room. I looked at her to see if she saw anything, and she looked pale. I said, "You ok?" (Knowing it was an orb) and she said, "Was THAT an orb???" So many things happen in this house---also, we have a woman that walks around aimlessly. We don't know what she wants, or who she is. She wears a grayish night gown and usually goes into the kitchen late at night. All of us have seen her. She's very quiet, doesn't disturb anyone, so we're content with her living here.
Now, I'm a Christian too, as you know, but I do believe that there are spirits that can linger here just as there's a heaven and a hell. There's a lot beyond what we believe and know to be true in my opinion.
This story fascinated me, just because I am so interested in this type of stuff. Did you start this group yourself? Or is this an organization that has been around for some time?
Would love to know more about this.
how cool! I was schooled and raised as a Roman Catholic and in my 12th grade of school Monsignor K. taught us about exorcism for a few weeks in our Old/New Testement semester. Pretty interesting stuff!
At my house on wednesday nites, we all make an effort to watch 'Ghost Hunters' on scifi channel..cheesy I know but we LOVE it.
Ive had a couple of unexplained things heppen to me, I was so VERY fortunate I was with 1 or more people to reassure myself I was not crazy~
I am a firm beliver that to "be absent of the body is to be present with the Lord." but of course Paul the apostle was referring to those who had accepted Jesus. The Bible doesn't go into a lot of detail on what hell entails and their is scripture in Revelation that gives credence to the idea that no one will be cast into the lake of fire until after the 7 year tribulation. Many say that hell and the lake of fire are two different things and I hate to admit I have not studied enough to know. I don't believe in lost souls wondering around as much as demons and demon posession. The older generation was very into "ghosts and hauntings" My grandma claimed to have seen many things.
I really don't like to be a bucket of ice water here...but I'm a bit of a skeptic. So many 'tricks' were used on me in my younger years that took years off of my life and had me grow up a bit sooner than I would have liked. Do I believe in ghosts? Uhmmm...not too sure. Do I believe there are some things that just cannot be explained? Yes.
gave me goose bumps girl!
Me too, goosebump city. That house is terrifying and that shoe just randomly laying on the floor of the pink room...completely and utterly creapy. I keep trying to figure out what happened in there.
Yikes, I'm a big whimp when it comes to this stuff but I totally believe in ghosts, or spirits, or whatever you choose to call them.
Great post, even though you scared me! lol. ;)
I read this story, and got chills. You describe everything in such great detail. The over-all picture of the house looks creepy. Just has that "look" to it. Also, the lone shoe in the pink room...creepy! And the scuffs on the wall. That house has a hidden meaning.I would love to learn the history of it all. I would not go back though unless all you guys stay together for real this time lol
Do you know anything about a tunnel (am probably spelling this incorectly but Cenciball's tunnel) located in Unicoi county? Just thought I'd ask. Saw something about it on TV once, and never been able to find info on it due to not knowing the correct spelling.
I read this story, and got chills. You describe everything in such great detail. The over-all picture of the house looks creepy. Just has that "look" to it. Also, the lone shoe in the pink room...creepy! And the scuffs on the wall. That house has a hidden meaning.I would love to learn the history of it all. I would not go back though unless all you guys stay together for real this time lol
Do you know anything about a tunnel (am probably spelling this incorectly but Cenciball's tunnel) located in Unicoi county? Just thought I'd ask. Saw something about it on TV once, and never been able to find info on it due to not knowing the correct spelling.
I read this story, and got chills. You describe everything in such great detail. The over-all picture of the house looks creepy. Just has that "look" to it. Also, the lone shoe in the pink room...creepy! And the scuffs on the wall. That house has a hidden meaning.I would love to learn the history of it all. I would not go back though unless all you guys stay together for real this time lol
Do you know anything about a tunnel (am probably spelling this incorectly but Cenciball's tunnel) located in Unicoi county? Just thought I'd ask. Saw something about it on TV once, and never been able to find info on it due to not knowing the correct spelling.
I read this story, and got chills. You describe everything in such great detail. The over-all picture of the house looks creepy. Just has that "look" to it. Also, the lone shoe in the pink room...creepy! And the scuffs on the wall. That house has a hidden meaning.I would love to learn the history of it all. I would not go back though unless all you guys stay together for real this time lol
Do you know anything about a tunnel (am probably spelling this incorectly but Cenciball's tunnel) located in Unicoi county? Just thought I'd ask. Saw something about it on TV once, and never been able to find info on it due to not knowing the correct spelling.
Post a Comment