Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My Doctor's Appointment...

Went GREAT!!! I've lost 10lbs in 3 weeks, and didn't have to have blood work!!! YAY!!! You have NO IDEA how much I hate drinking that nasty syrupy drink that you have to drink, then having my blood drawn an hour later. UGH. Thank goodness, it seems everything is going ok for now. I go back again next month for a re-check. If my weight is still going down, then I'm on the road to getting my PCOS/IRS under control!!! :0).

On a more serious note, I recieved this today in my e-mail, and wanted to share it. Regardless of what your religious beliefs are, please keep this child in your thoughts and prayers- no matter who you pray to...

"On Friday December 16, 2005 I returned to work at the fire department from my four day break. Our officer at the station called us in for ameeting around 08:30. He informed us that Roby Lowe, a firefighter for Johnson City at station 6 on A shift needed our prayers. He told us that Roby's 9 year old daughter had been diagnosed with cancer. The doctors found more than 100 tumors in her body in various places. Specialistswere called and they said this is a type of cancer found usually in middle aged men. They also said that it was terminal and there was nothing they could do but chemotherapy, and hope this slowed it down. Our Captain informed us that this would probably be there last Christmas together. All that the family is asking for is prayers. The station thatI work at has started a prayer chain, I hope that you all can help withthis request- Allen Foshie"

Thank you...

7 comments:

ann said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

Lorrie said...

Thanks for posting. You can be sure that I wil keep them in my prayers. No family should have to go through that.

And, on a lighter note, congrats on your weight loss. Hopefully this is a good sign and just the beginning!

Lorrie

Criminal Minds Fan said...

Wonderful news from the Dr. I am so pleased for you. I will put this family in my prayers! :)

Deb said...

Well first of all, I’m so happy that your health is getting better and the PSOC is getting under control. I set up an appointment for mine—so thank you. I hope you’re feeling much better.

My prayers are with the family you mentioned. Very sad—but I do believe that God creates miracles, and makes a way where there is no way. Faith…Gotta have it!

Anonymous said...

Great news on your IR! So glad that this is working so well for you!
My prayers are with the little girl & her family.

Ames said...

Christy, yay to your doctor appointment! I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well!!

That poor little girl... My cousin was diagnosed with cancer when she was eleven, and she beat it, thank God. This little girl and her family will definitely be in my thoughts.

Faye_Hart said...

Congrats! And I'll be sure to add this child to my prayers. Poor little baby.