Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Gainfully Employed!!!

Yay!!! I'm NOW have a job! I won't be starting until after the first of the year, but I'm SO EXCITED! I'm going to be doing nails at Merle Norman in the Johnson City Mall!!! I had worked for Merle Norman off and on for 8 years, in cosmetics and sales. Believe it or not, cosmetics sales are REALLY stressful. I was under the false impression for years that all you had to do was stand behind a counter and look pretty. DAMN, was I wrong! There's SO much more to it than that- all being "pretty" does is open the door for you. Granted, by wearing the make-up you do sell, because it sells itself- it's the treatment and skincare that YOU have to sell, and that can be a bitch.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to work on the floor that much, I'll mostly be concentrating on building my nail business. Mrs. Fritz would be so proud of me. I'm finally doing something with my degree *L*. It's going to be a great opportunity, and I'll be getting out of the house- which will make ALL the difference in the world! If you happen to be in the area, stop by after the first of the year, and we'll get you set up with and appointment!

9 comments:

Ken said...

Congratulations, milady! Good to hear it.

I can understand that area being stressful. When I was younger I was an assistant mgr in men's clothing at dept store. Our area handled the more expensive stuff (clairborne, lauren, etc), but it was nowhere near as cut throat as the makeup counters were.

Some of the regulars used to get upset when floaters worked their counters because they were short handed. They had a few choice words for me... heh...

Faye_Hart said...

Oh, I wish you could do my nails also. I destroyed them over the holidays. There isn't one left that isn't broken or something.

Congratulations on the job! She can bring home the bacon...fry it up in the pan......Yeah!!!!!!!!!

Lorrie said...

Yay you! Congrats on the job!

much love,
Lorrie


P.S. I have totally been to Johnson City! I used to live in Nashville and I dated a guy that went to ETSU!

Anonymous said...

woohoo!! congrats!!

Deb said...

Hey CONGRATS!!! It's so important that you have a passion for what you do for a living. Otherwise---it's just meaningless.

I'm so happy for you. By the way, can I get an appointment?????

Criminal Minds Fan said...

Congratulations! It sounds like you are really excited about this and that is so great. You are only a couple of hours away from me so when maybe when the bad weather is a memory I will come by and see if there is anything you could do with my nails. They look terrible no matter what I do. They are always breaking. I am very excited for you! :)

AWE said...

Congrats!

Now ya' know I will be drifting by. In fact I am only 4 exits away from there today.

Carrie said...

congrats on getting employed!! and doing something you like is a big bonus.

i'd give just about anything to have a manicure. darn barbie toys are hell to get out of the box!!!

ann said...

mazal tov sweetheart

wish I lived near you, 'cos I'd definitely be one of your clients.

lotsa luv ann xxxx