Thursday, May 10, 2007

7 Things... And More!

First, I've been Tagged by Mississippi Songbird to give 7 things about me that no one knows:

1. I never learned how to ride a bike.

2. I'm afraid of flying.

3. I can't sleep without the tv on and a fan blowing on me.

4. I have a playboy bunny permanently "tanned" into the side of my left calf from tanning with a "bunny" sticker there for many years.

5. I eat ranch dressing with pizza.

6. I won't smoke a non-menthol cigarette (if I smoke).

7. I always lock the door immediately after I walk into my house. (I don't live in a high crime area or anything like that, it's just a strange "quirk" I have.


I hope ya'll enjoyed those "nuggets" of joy! :0) On to updates! Things have been nuts! Last week when I went to see Dr. Crowder, she was THRILLED with my weight loss! So happy, in fact, that she took me off of the low dose of blood pressure medication she had me on. Well, unfortunately, that was a really BAD idea. I spent most all of last week with severe headaches and was so lethargic that I could barely get out of bed. I felt MISERABLE. I broke down on sunday and took it. Needless to say, I'm feeling 100% better! I go back to see her on friday, so I'm going to talk to her then about what to do, BECAUSE, I want to reproduce.

Yes, you heard me correctly, I'm wanting to get pregnant. Now, whether or not that will happen or not is a different story (due to the PCOS/IRS), but I'm going to talk to her about my options and what I need to do. I've been doing a lot of research about the medications I'm on for PCOS and pregnancy, and so far everything I HAVE to be on is looking really good (as far as being "safe" during pregnancy). So, wish us luck there!

On friday, my godson, Caleb, graduates from Kindergarten! I'm so excited! Chris and I were really wanting to do something special for him, but we don't have a lot of extra money this week, so I think he's getting a card with money and a trip to McDonald's instead of Chuck E. Cheese like I'd previously planned. Maybe to the park afterwards. Caleb loves to go to the park, so that might work just as well.

I'm going to make my blog rounds (as best I can). Although, I don't get to your blogs like I used to, you're ALL still in my thoughts and prayers! My blog friends are so special to me, and I thank each and every one of you who check in on me! Much Love!

16 comments:

Catch said...

I have a fan blowing on me everynight too. I cant stand to have the tv on while I am trying to go to sleep though! Congrats on the weight loss Christy!!!!! keep it up girlie!

flea said...

oh that is exciting news!! i hope it all works out for you, keep us posted

i used to be me said...

Congrats on the good medical check up. Maybe she'll have to wean you off the blood pressure meds?

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that your health is continuing to improve! You and your husband are in my prayers as you figure out the best and safest way for you to have a family!

Balloon Pirate said...

Wouldn't that bunny image be 'untanned?'

Good wishes to you on your health issues! Taking an active role in these things is important, and I think in and of itself will make you feel better.

Of course, that's just my non-professional opinion.

yeharr

Crabby said...

My friend can't sleep without a fan running. Even in winter! She needs the noise. LOL!

I do the door locking thing too. Habit from all those years when Bob had so many out of town business trips.

Cheryl Wray said...

I also have to sleep with the tv on. We keep it on every night!! The bunny tan just cracks me up!!!! lol I pretty much like ranch with anything!!!
Oh, I will really be crossing my fingers/praying for you and your quest to be pregnant.

Mississippi Songbird said...

I have to use a fan too for that so called "white noise"...lol
I hope you get your blood pressure medicine adjusted, and good luck on wanting a baby. They are so precious..
Thanks for being a sport when I taged you..Bunches of hugs !

Greta Adams said...

i don;t like menthol cigs either...yucky!!!

congrats on the weight loss...huge accomplishment and good luck with getting pregnant!

*muah*

ann said...

Christy, you'll make a wonderful mother I just know it.

Congrats on the weight loss... I'm struggling to lose weight. I think it must be harder as you get older; that's' my excuse and I'm sticking to it. My metabolism was slow, then dead slow, now it's stopped... doh!

Meow Meow said...

As your PCOS pal, let me know what the doc says about EVERYTHING!!!

Anonymous said...

I like ranch dressing on just about everything :)

Have fun trying to start that family :) when hubs and I decided to have Wee One, he even came home on his lunch hours....to ummm, well, reach his goal. It was an interesting few months.

cathouse teri said...

How's ya been, ninety-nine?

Yeah, I know I've been on again off again in again out again through the machine racing round and about again...

hoping to get back in touch!

Glad to read you are doing well, though. You seem happy. All the best.

Nancy said...

I love ranch dressing on my pizza!

No matter what your dreams are, I hope they all come true...I see some big changes ahead of you!

xoxox

Anonymous said...

you want to "reproduce"? PROCREATE

BLuRr said...

I wish you and your husband the best of luck in conceiving! That is wonderful news, on my goodness! I hope your visit with your Doctor helps in starting the process.

Sorry that I've been gone so long...some personal stuff to work through.

I hope all is well in your world!! Looking forward to catching up on what's been going on in your world. :)