Monday, April 16, 2007

My Freedom...


Sorry it's been awhile since I've been able to post. I've felt like death for over a week now, and am starting to feel *somewhat* human again. While I was sick, I was so fortunate to receive something in the mail. A small plastic card, that until May 15th, of 2006, I had taken for granted. A card that gives me the freedom to go to the doctor, without having to pay an arm and a leg. A card that will allow me to be able to afford my medications, without having to rely on the union or others for help. My insurance card. I FINALLY have medical insurance once more.

I have a doctor's appointment with Dr. Crowder for my well-woman exam on the 27th, and I'm ecstatic! I haven't been to see her in over a year, and I just feel so good knowing I'm able to go and get the care I need. I will NEVER again, take this for granted.

As thankful as I am to have health insurance, my heart truly bleeds for those who don't. The working poor, the disabled, and those who just simply don't have access to it- my heart goes out to them. I know what it's like to live in fear of something going wrong, or not knowing how you're going to pay for your health care or medicine. Luckily, my situation was only temporary, but I know there are those, who's situations could be permanent.

If you're one of those who are fortunate enough to have health insurance, don't ever take it for granted. It's one of the most precious things in this world, and something I pray I'll never be without again.

19 comments:

Catch said...

Im so happy for you Christy!!! And also glad to hear your feeling better.....good luck with your Doc appt!!!!

ZoeyBella said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, and Yay for proper health insurance! Now go to the doctor's office and steal all those cool tongue depressor/giant popsicle sticks!!

Anonymous said...

glad your feeling better and great news about your medical insurance!

I bet you feel a weight lifted off your shoulders.

I wont even rant about out Indian Health...as crappy as it is, it is still better than nothing.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better and are among the insured again. It is a shame and a scandal that in a country as rich as ours so many must go without the benefits of good health care because it is not affordable. And this is something we who are privileged enough to have it must work to make sure is available to everyone! Good post!

Cinderella said...

We never value anything in life until it's gone. It's sad but true.

I am happy everything is working out for you! Health Insurance is a blessing! Use it up girl!!

Good Luck at the womanly appointment. I just had mine last month. Way to keep up with your health girlie!!

Anonymous said...

(((Christy)))

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better and very happy that you have health insurance again.

Greta Adams said...

insurance worth a million bucks girl...i am so happy for you

Meow Meow said...

Glad to know you are feeling a wee bit better. At least you are posting today~ YEAHHHHH!!!!!

Thank you for stopping by. Hope you continue to come around on a regular basis = ) We ALL appreciate your comments!!!

The health insurance is a benefit. I am happy to have mine.

Anonymous said...

a lot of people complain about their insurance benefits, but its better to have something than nothing. I"ve had nothing for most of my life

Mississippi Songbird said...

Great News! I'm so glad you are feeling better, and now you have health insurance again..
I am thankful to have health insurance too. When my husband had a heart attack about 3 years ago, the total hospital bill was about $50000. We would have been bankrupt, had it not been for the health insurance. Thank you,Lord..
Anyway.. I know exactly what you mean..
So glad you are getting better..
God Bless..
**hugs**

Cheryl Wray said...

Yay for the insurance! That is GREAT news!!!
yes, health insurance is something to be grateful for! When Gary had his stroke back in January, the bill was like $5,000. But with insurance--$100! It is a good thing, even though you hate having to pay the premiums! you realize how great it is when you need it!
Hope you are feeling even better today!!

Kelly said...

Woohoo! Congrats!

X said...

Hugs and feel better! :)

ann said...

glad at last you're on the road to recovery Christy

for what it's worth, we do at least have a national health system here and there are many people who have no health cover

however, they can wait months or years for treatment!

Riccie said...

Halleluiah, Christy! I am so happy for you! And, hey, I have a little card exactly like yours! By the way, I spent a lot of time driving through Tennessee on my road trip...had I thought further than my nose, I'd have stopped by to say hi :) I'll be taking other road trips, though. Tennessee is beautiful and I surely will visit it again.

Natalia said...

Now imagine if our government got their shit together and we were all insured all the time no matter what? Wouldn't THAT be nice?

I am happy you are back to feeling humanly protected.

-N

CindyCinlou said...

Hope your doctors appointment goes well. I have missed your post but totally understand being sick. I have indivual and I pay an arm and a leg it stinks I go to college and still can't find a job with insurence at least not yet.

flea said...

yeah! for you, glad to hear/see things are lookin up!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Theraflu! Theraflu!