Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Monger Day!

Every tuesday, I get together with my best friend, Jen, for "Monger Day"-- a phrase we claimed back in 2000. Every tuesday, we would get together, go out to eat (usually to the Olive Garden) and then to the mall. On occasion, we'd hit the tanning bed, or another friends' house. All that mattered, was that it was our day to get together and have fun. In 2001, for some reason, we stopped having "Monger Day." Jen was a new mother, and I was working a lot, so, unfortunately, we stopped making time for one another.

About a year ago, after Chris went on strike, I realized just how much my friends truly mean to me. Of course, I talked to Jen, not as often as I would've liked, but I kept in touch. After the strike, I realized, that we have so little time on this earth, and we don't need to wait for something life-changing, to keep in touch and/or stay with the ones we love.

I decided that I was going to do more to be in Jen's life, and the life of my Godsons. A few weeks ago, we started picking back up with "Monger Day." We might not go out to eat, and to the mall every tuesday, but we're together, and that's what matters.

Today, we did go out to eat, and I could've have been happier! When we pulled into the Pizza Hut parking lot, we saw our friend, John (AKA: Beavis), in the drive-thru at Pal's next door. He came over and sat down with us for awhile. It was wonderful to get to visit with Beavis again! He was one of our best friends' in high school, and one we wished we'd been able to keep in touch with. He's married to a really nice young lady, and they have a little boy a month younger than Luke. We all exchanged numbers, and hope to be able to get together some this summer to go out.

I'm so thankful for the time I have with my friends, and if there's someone you love, that you haven't seen in awhile, give them a call. Don't wait. Life goes by fast, make sure you share it with the ones you love!



15 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

Ain't that the damn truth?

I did almost the same thing today after work with my two dearest friends. I don't wait for a 'reason' to spend time with those I love.

Super post!

Mustafa Şenalp said...

I like your site very much. Thanks for your interest. Have a good day

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Take all the time you can with your friends and don't wait for a special occasion.

JMai said...

Amen. You are so right... I'm glad you were able to catch up with old friends. Life often gets inthe way but friendship is a gift not to be taken for granted.

But why "Monger" day? There's GOTTA be a story in there!

i used to be me said...

Yep, life's too short not to spend as much time as possible with those you love.

I have wondered where "Monger" came from too.

Nancy said...

Yay! Monger day is good for the soul.

My friend and I always used to hit the coast for a camping weekend but with babies, it has gone by the wayside. Now that they are a little bit older, we plan on doing it again like old times.

BarnGoddess_01 said...

good picture! you are very photogenic, Im sure youve heard that before :)

Natalia said...

ROTFL...this is so the opposite of what I wrote today. But it is also a different situation.

-N

CindyCinlou said...

I wish I had stayed in contact with more of my friends. It is great you are reconnecting with your friends.

Deb said...

I totally feel bad now. Someone that I haven't called in quite some time JUST called me. I didn't pick up because I knew it would be a long conversation. Hmm...I should call her.

Monger day sounds great!

Greta Adams said...

isn't that the truth...well said....

Meow Meow said...

Nice pic. Beavis is CUTE!

I agree about spending time with friends...Girl, I'm 36. When you hit my ancient years, pleople have families and don't seem to care much about their old friends. I mean I have one or two that are in contact that are married. My single ok non married but with boyfriends are still talkative...I ahve a few that if we talk its only cause I call. THAT SUCKS!

Ok...to the shower and remote I go.
Enjoy your "monger" days. That should be cherished.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun catching up with old friends!

Catch said...

There is nothing like being with friends! It is the greatest! Have a happy Easter Chrissy!!!! Enjoy your holiday!!! Huggs!

eyes_only4him said...

Monger Day sounds awesome..


Happy Easter...