Sunday, March 04, 2007

Weekend Update...

This weekend, we were *supposed* to go snow tubing with the kids from the church, but, alas the weather in good ol' Northeast TN/Western NC was too warm, and there wasn't enough snow. So, we're going to have to find another activity for the kids. They worked really hard last sunday morning at the pancake breakfast, and raised enough money to go out for a nice function (now, what the function will be, I have NO clue- yet.)

Since I had no plans, other than tubing, Chris and I decided to go out. We had dinner at Red Lobster, and I'm STILL sick. I always eat too much when we go, and I didn't take my shot before going (so I'd actually be able to eat more than 3 bites). Yeah, I know, I have to take my shot if I'm going to stay well. Gotta work on that one. Anyway, after we ate, we went to see the new movie 23. I'm not a big Jim Carrey fan, and to be honest with you, I wasn't expecting much, but it was a great movie! I won't give spoilers, so you can keep reading this post, although this is about it. I'll be back with more words of wisdom, or "nuggets of joy" soon!

For now, here's some pics from the pancake breakfast for you to enjoy :0)





13 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

red lobster is my favorite! yumm..

I hope you find something fun for the church kids to do.

great pics too.

Have a great sunday

Turtle Guy said...

Enjoyed the photos! Mmmm... pancakes...

You remind me... it's been a while since I posted any photos. Must find a camera!

Oral said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meow Meow said...

I so LOVE the biscuits at Red Lobster. I can go for them ALONE. AGain, if it has cheese, I am usually interested.

I'm sure of it, I like you better as a red head than a blonde. I have been in my hairdresser and makeup departments all this week. Of course you came to mind....Feeling flattered aren't ya??????

I had a make over at MAC. Usually they are a bit BOLD for me...but after trying EVERYTHING else all of these years why not something new??? Well, I have seen the counter managers make up on more than one occassion (usually while I am buying Lancome) and liked her application. SO I make an appointment...I liked a primer and their 1/2 lid lash extensions...and a liner (But I want a wet liner that Lancome carries in brighter colors than brown/black.hunter green...but they only had pencils too...UGHHHH

Got my brows waxed for the first time and they're a bit thin for my liking.....They'll grow...wish they grew as quick as my fat cells.

Garrett said...

I hate to admit it, but I'm totally down with Red Lobster.

Mississippi Songbird said...

Great pictures and the breakfast looked like loads of fun..**hugs**

Meow Meow said...

Appreciate you coming by....I'm still thinking about those cheese biscuits.

Be glad you didn't deal with the storms we had here. The breakfast seems to have been a hit.

I loved Jim Carrey on 'IN LIVING COLOR" the show that gave him his big break. I think he's funny....stupidly funny.

Catch said...

I love Red Lobster. I always get the shrimp!!!

Good pics Christy...too bad you didnt get to go tubing, that sounds like a fun thing to do with a group of kids.

Anonymous said...

(((Christy)))

Please take care of yourself, you are too important to all of us to be sick.

Rose says hi, she's been/still working on her next poem. She thanks you for your comments.

K said...

Very off topic. BUT I just had to take a moment and let you know that everyone has a person that makes them smile just at the mention of their name, and you are definitely that for me. You have been such a comfort *you know what I'm talking about* to me whenever I needed you. And when I saw you had commented on my blog it definitely made my morning start off right.

HUGZ HUGZ HUGZ!!!!!!!!

Kristi

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh, the pankcake breakfast looks SO good!!!!! So fun with the church kids!
I also love Red Lobster. I can make myself sick just on the biscuits!!! (And love their strawberry pina colada thingies. Yummy!!)

Natalia said...

I so want to see that movie. I hope you feel all better now, darling.

-N

Anonymous said...

i love the biscuits at red lobster, i want to simulate those