Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Hell Is Finally Over...

And, it's my 200th post! What a day! After 10 months of hell, hoping and praying-- my hell is over. Chris got his letter today, calling him back to work on April 2nd. We'll have health insurance sometime in May. I can breathe a little easier, knowing I'm not going to have to worry about how we're going to pay the bills, or how in the world I'm going to go to the doctor. For the first time in a year, I'm going to get to go to Dr. Crowder, and get the health care that I need.

Although our hell is over, there are still many who are still out of work, and need our thoughts and prayers. For all of you who have kept us in your thoughts and prayers-- thank you. It really means a lot.

In closing, I'm going to share with you, some things I took for granted, and never will again...

I took for granted being able to go to the grocery store, and buy what we needed, without having to worry about whether or not we'd have the money to pay for it.

I took for granted, having health insurance.

I took for granted, going out to eat and to a movie on the weekend.

I took for granted, being able to go to McDonald's or any fast food place whenever I wanted.

I took for granted, being able to go get my nails done.

I took for granted, being able to fill up my car with gas.

I took for granted, that my medicine would always be there, and that I'd be able to pay for it.

I took for granted, so many things that on any given day would seem trivial to some, and huge to others.

I pray, that I will never forget where I've been, and that I'll never be there again.


PS: On a light-hearted note-- for those of you who were asking about my "stripper pictures", those were taken at a friend's house, in their game room. The guys are two of my best friends, Justin (blonde hair), and Michael: AKA: Penny Meat Patty (brown hair).

17 comments:

Ladiebug said...

Yay that is awsome!!!!!
I remember how much I felt like I took for granted when my husband was out of work for 7 months.....now go celebrate!

Riccie said...

Halleluia!
I am so happy for the both of you! :)

Mississippi Songbird said...

I'm so happy for you,Sweetie

God bless you both!..
That's Wonderful news..

**hugs**

BarnGoddess_01 said...

great news!!

a long time coming.

I am guilty of taking things for granted...

Deb said...

That's terrific Christy! I'm so happy things are finally looking up. We take a lot of things for granted sometimes, and it's when we're at our lowest, we realize how lucky we really are...or were...and now in your case---'are'.

eyes_only4him said...

i said it before and i will say it again..

thats totally awesome and i am so glad you have this burden lifted off your shoulders..u rock;)

Rachel said...

Hey girl - know that feeling well! I took a BIG cut in pay to come down to Ttown and one thing I miss so much...facials!

But I did a little digging, found a school who does bikini waxes - $6; facials - $10; collagen facials - $12! WOO HOO!!

Isn't it amazing how we don't really realize our blessings (we think we do, but we don't) until they are put on "hold"?

Anonymous said...

Very happy for you both. :)

Catch said...

So glad he is going back to work! You wont forget Deb...you will always remember the times when you had to watch....its just something that sticks with you. Now go out to a movie and get your nails done!

JMai said...

First, I love the small cute cow you're using for the mouse pointer. I LOVE IT.

Second, I'm so happy to hear your news! I know what you mean about taking those things for granted. We get so used to not thinking about those things, that when we have to suddenly watch every penny, you start to realise how much you've consumed. I have been in a similar situation, and it's no fun.

I hope Dr. Crowder gives you a clean bill of health!

Carrie said...

HOORAY!! As you know, I come from a family of coal miner's, so I understand strikes, walk-outs and all the crap that comes with it. I am so glad for you guys and I'm glad you have a new perspective on life. HUGS and YAY!!!

Nancy said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations!

I hope you can do something special for you both soon to celebrate!

Cheryl Wray said...

Such WONDERFUL news!! I am SO glad to hear this!!!
You are SO right. We don't really realize how we often take the little things for granted until we don't have the money for them!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks be to God!!! So glad that things are coming right for both of you. And good for you counting your blessings!

Anonymous said...

those things you mentioned, I take for granted everyday, and I should not. it's awesome news here today!

ann said...

brilliant news and may you now only know good times and put the bad behind you

your post is brilliant... never never never take anything for granted

MommaMonkey said...

That's great news!!! I'm so happy for you and your hubby! What a relief.