Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!




This was just what I needed. Last night, at Midnight Mass, my friend, Steven, came to worship with us. He's a dear friend, and one I love very much-- he left our church about 10 months ago due to some conflicting differences in the church. I miss him terribly. Having him at church with us last night, was the best Christmas gift I could've ever gotten. Being with Steven, and all of my friends and family, I was reminded, that everything I've lost this year, didn't matter. What matters is what I've got now. The true spirit of Christmas was shown last night. Thank you, Jesus for everything.

Merry Christmas!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas

Carrie said...

Merry Christmas, CHristy!! I'm glad that your friend got to join you at mass, I know how important that was to you. Even though you've had some tough times, I know that you have friends and family that love you madly and that you have a light that shines in their lives, too.

Wishing you all the best there is, hugs and tons and tons of love! SMUSH!!

Catch said...

Thats the spirit Christy!!! I knew someone as cheery as you would not stay down in the dumps for long! Glad you got to see your friend!!! Huggs

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful day with friends and family. (((hugs)))

Natalia said...

Loads of huggles and good wishes.

-N

Anonymous said...

Awwww, what a cute picture! I am so happy to hear that things are looking up for you. We all forget the meaning of life and the love that surrounds us sometimes. It's not what you have in life that matters, it's the people who love you and what you take from life that matters.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season! Keep smiling!

Anonymous said...

Amen!

I hope you had a wonderful and very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Yay @ a happy picture. That's the Christy we like to see.

Anonymous said...

Merry Belated Christmas to you and your family!! Great picture!

I'm sorry to hear about your job. :( But keep your chin up Christy! Wishing you health and happiness for the New Year!

Anonymous said...

Very cute pic!

Sorry I have been away from the computer for a week while in Louisana. I scrolled down and read other posts. I'm sorry to hear about the job, but apparently the Lord wants you somewhere else to work your magic!

HE brought you a dear friend to remind you that your thought of on a regular basis!

I hope and Pray that 2007 is better than 2006 for ALL of us!!!

Anonymous said...

Christy - I had not read until today about your job. I am really sorry that happened to you. Your friend showing up to share the holiday with you is proof that every cloud really does have a silver lining. Let's hope that the challenges of this year are well behind you and that only good things lie ahead. Your humility in thanking the powers that be for your blessings show the magic of your spirit. xox

ann said...

just playing catchup... I am so sorry about the job, but so happy you survived and enjoyed Christmas despite it.... let's pray that 2007 will be the best year yet.

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

Cheryl Wray said...

Sounds like a wonderful and meaningful Mass! And how cool that you got to see your friend again! Nothing better than that!
Yes, when we get into that perspective then everything's okay isn't it?
Hope the rest of your Christmas was great too!!

Anonymous said...

Christy,
I'm so glad you are feeling better. you're right... We need to be thankful to our Lord, for the love of our family and friends.

My kids are at a benfit for my son's little friend , Shelby age 12, that is going thru Chemo and radiation at St.Jude Hospital.
My son, shaved his head, and so did his other classmates, to show their support for her.
Now, suddenly ,junk that happens, doesn't really bother me anymore..
Keep the faith. This too will make us stronger..
God Bless You, Sweetie...
***Hugs***

Anonymous said...

Ok where ya at?