In light of my recent trashiness, I felt a nice story was in order- and it just happened to be an anniversary of something. Of course, I have a story for nearly any and everything you can imagine. November 29th, 1991, I had one of the biggest crushes of my life. I fell, and fell HARD for Duff McKagan. For those of you who aren't familiar with Duff, he was the bassist for Guns N'Roses. I was only 13 years old, but I really thought I was going to marry him. I just knew I would be with this man, no matter what. I had made plans to move to Los Angeles when I turned 18, and I was changing my name to Sabrina Stevenson (don't ask me what possessed me to think that was a good idea, but I did).
I had high hopes and aspirations. Needless to say, I didn't go to Los Angeles at age 18, my name is Christy Rach, and not Sabrina Stevenson, and my husband is Chris, and not Duff. Obviously, things turned out ok. I still enjoy the memories of my youth, and the fun I had with my crush.
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




22 comments:
One of the best concerts I ever attended was 1987 Guns and Roses opened for the Cult at the Saengar on Canal Street in New Orleans. Appetite for destruction was just out and DUff was a hottie!!! BUt then again next to SLASH anyone looked good!!!!
PCOS sucks by the way. I hate it!!!!
well Sabrina....think of the fun you could have had touring!!! lol
Love those kind of memories... As long as I don't have to remember the crappy stuff that went along with it...
**hugs**
funny how we all had our "crushes" as kids, mine was Jordan from NKOTB, how sad is that! and i totally thought we were "ment" to be
Hey Christy,
(((hugs))) You are doing fine. :)
Stop trashing yourself. You are only speaking of things some of us have thought.
DH and I have what we call "freebies" mine has been John Cusack all my life.....ever since I saw Say Anything!
HUGS!
Axel kinda always creeped me out but I used to LOVE them :)
I still like them, but Metallica and Ozzy RULE
My first crush was on my second grade teacher and I never got to marry her either.
That is so cute!! I loved Guns N Roses--still get out their CD pretty often and force my girls to listen to it!
Ooh Ladiebug, just read your comment and had to comment--John Cusack is my VERY favorite and my DH knows that I would leave him in a heartbeat for him! LOL He is TOO sexy--in a really intellectual, sensitive way, don't you think?
I think we all have those special memories in our file cabinets of our minds. One of my special memories was with my first boyfriend. We had so much fun... Would I want him back "today"? Naw, ... I think it's best left in the past and tucked away in those precious memories.
I think we all had our own "Duff" and whenever I hear 80's and 90's Hair Band music I am transported to those memories! Hugs for making me think of that!
Oh Christy I had such a giggle when I read this. Back in the early 70s, my crush was David Cassidy. I clearly remember dreaming about him one night and in the middle of this dream, my Mom woke me for school. I was literally crying I was so upset to have been taken out of my dream state. My adult crush still remains, my man is and always will be SIr Mick Jagger - I am completely nuts about him. Have a great weekend. xoxo
Mine was Samantha Fox....lol!
I'm sooo glad it didn't turn out that way :)
Oh Christy... the memories of your youth... you are still so young, those memories are like, only yesterday
have a lovely weekend
lotsa luv ann xxxx
Hello, Christy! During my marriage I went through a very serious crush on one of my co-workers. I no longer work for that company. But I had it BAD for a while. He was also married...and willing to play. We worked the graveyard shift and it would have been really easy to act on that crush, but that silver band on the third finger of my left hand reminded me constantly of someone who would never understand. And so I kept it strictly verbal...flirted my rear-end off with him...bought him a six-pack...and took my 'frustrations' out on my husband in bed. Hubby enjoyed it to no end, got all of the benefits, and never knew about the intense crush I had.
Isn't it nice to remember things like that. At the time, it is so serious to you. But when you look back it's kinda funny. lol.
The anonymous one was me. sorry. I forgot to log in.
I was going to marry the lead singer to INXS. The replacement guy doesn't really do it for me, so that plan is out!
G'n'R are still gods in my eye but never wanted to marry any of them lol. Even though in his early days Axle did kinda look like a woman hahaha.
You think that Superman still lives and runs this place?
[b][url="http://hydrocodone.dewall.info "]buy hydrocodone online[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com] progressive car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://seoguide.ws] cheapest car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://nutritionguide.ws] auto cheap insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://affiliaterevenueguide.ws] car insurance for woman [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://careeremploymentguide.com] low cost car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://fitnessequipmentguide.net] low car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://inetmarketingguide.ws] cheap car insurance online [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://interiordecorguide.ws] car insurance houston [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://landscapingguide.ws] classic car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://mortgageguide.ws] affordable car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://personalfinanceguide.ws] geico car insurance quote [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://trafficbuildingguide.net] car insurance broker [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://vacationrentalsguide.ws] car insurance rats [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://wealthbuildingguide.net] young driver car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://progressive-car-insurance.wealthbuildingguide.net] aig car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://compare-car-insurance.vacationrentalsguide.ws] compare car insurance rate [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://cheapest-car-insurance.trafficbuildingguide.net] collector car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://classic-car-insurance.personalfinanceguide.ws] car insurance uk [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://free-car-insurance-quote.mortgageguide.ws] car insurance for mexico [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://cheap-car-insurance-quote.landscapingguide.ws] auto insurance company [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://low-cost-car-insurance.interiordecorguide.ws] car insurance dallas [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://car-insurance-quote.inetmarketingguide.ws] new york car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://car-insurance-rates.homeimprovementguide.ws] car insurance canada [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://new-york-insurance.fitnessequipmentguide.net] car insurance dallas [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://california-car-insurance.estateguide.ws] buy car insurance online [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://car-insurance-rate.careeremploymentguide.com] car insurance san diego [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://auto-insurance-company.affiliaterevenueguide.ws] infinity car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://online-car-insurance.acneguide.ws] car insurance broker [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://auto-cheap-insurance.nutritionguide.ws] usaa car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://auto-insurance-quote.seoguide.ws] car insurance for mexico [/url][/b]
http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com
Random Keyword: :)
[b]car insurance policy[/b]
Post a Comment