In honor of my friends, I figured I'd share some wild and wacky stories with you- not to mention some famous quotes- Enjoy!
-In high school, as soon as I could drive, I went to my friend Ebony's house all the time. We always used the kitchen door to go in the house, and at least a couple of times a week, I'd see a cast iron skillet sitting on the stove with the prettiest, golden biscuits I've ever seen. Well, I was fascinated at how those biscuits were so golden on top while being cooked on the stove. After about a month, I was sitting on the couch with Ebony and her mom, Linda. I asked, "Linda, how do you get those biscuits so golden on the stove?" I swear to you, Linda and Ebony nearly fell off of the couch laughing. When everyone finally calmed down, she explained to me that she just put them in the skillet and then baked them in the oven. Did I feel like a complete cracker or what??? *L* I went home and told my mom all about this, because I was truly fascinated. She looked at me like I had three heads, then began busting out laughing too. She had done that several times before, too. A lot of people from my mom and Linda's generation learned how to bake biscuits that way. I had no clue! *L*
-From Jen's blog, she was reminiscing of our "stalker days". When we were in high school, we were the #1 stalkers! If we liked or disliked somebody, they'd better watch out- because we were right up on them! We busted out Greenwood Drive in 34 different cars. We had our own "spy kit", complete with wigs, a change of clothes, glasses, and cameras. Oh the joys of being 16!
-When I was 18, and Ebony was 17, we were involved with these guys named Kenneth and Moe. They were both considerably older than we were, and even though I was 18, it's not like our parents would understand us seeing men THAT old at the time. They played ball on wednesday night in Bristol. Well, Ebony was still in school, so we had to make up places where we were going to tell her parents. We typically said we were going to the mall, movies, Fazoli's, you get the picture. Well, God knows what possessed us to actually tell her Daddy the truth. I'll NEVER forget what he told us. Instead of getting pissed off, and forbidding us to leave the house, he said, and I quote: "Ya'll need to get your stories straight before you come tellin' me where you're goin'." We just about fell over! Here we were telling Victor where we were going, for real, and he didn't believe us! We ended up telling him we were going to the mall and out to eat before he'd let us go. That was the ONLY time we were ever telling the truth, and totally weren't believed!
-In high school, Jen and I were WILD girls. If anyone crossed us, or did something we didn't like, we made sure they knew not to mess with us. Our first method of retaliation was "locker raids". This was back in the day before EHS had security cameras in the hall. We'd go through the lockers of people who didn't like, and trash any and everything in site. Talk about mean! We were vicious, although at the time, we thought it was more than justified. We were paid back, sorta. Our locker was locker #69, and one day, we came to school, and found a huge 69 spray painted on the inside of our locker *L*
-Christmas of 1994, my cousin Joey, aka: Gig (short for Gigalo), bought Jen a gift. Gig was maddly in love with Jen, and wanted her to go to the prom with him. He bought her this extremely trash black nightie, and a condom rose. He gave her this in the middle of hall during class changes. If you could've seen the lock on Jen's face when she opened it in front of everybody!
Those are just a few of my funny stories- you know me, I've got tons more, I'll share more soon! :0)
Monday, September 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment