How many Christians does it take to change a light bulb?
Charismatic : Only 1
Hands are already in the air.
Pentecostal : 10
One to change the bulb, and nine to pray against the spirit of
darkness.
Presbyterians : None
Lights will go on and off at predestined times.
Roman Catholic : None
Candles only.
Baptists : At least 15.
One to change the light bulb, and three committees to approve the
change and decide who brings the potato salad and fried chicken .
Episcopalians: 3
One to call the electrician, one to mix the drinks and one to talk
about how much better the old one was.
Mormons : 5
One man to change the bulb, and four wives to tell him how to do
it.
Unitarians :
We choose not to make a statement either in favor of or against the
need for a light bulb. However, if in your own journey you have found that
light bulbs work for you, you are invited to write a poem or compose a
modern dance about your light bulb for the next Sunday service, in
which we will explore a number of light bulb traditions, including
incandescent, fluorescent, 3-way, long-life and tinted, all of which are equally
valid paths to luminescence.
Methodists : Undetermined
Whether your light is bright, dull, or completely out, you are
loved. You can be a light bulb, turnip bulb, or tulip bulb. Bring a bulb of
your choice to the Sunday lighting service and a covered dish to pass.
Nazarene : 6
One woman to replace the bulb while five men review church lighting policy.
Lutherans: None
Lutherans don't believe in change.
Amish :
What's a light bulb?
I thought there was something there for everyone to laugh at good- The Episcopalian- it's so true! *L* Enjoy!
Saturday, September 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
HA!! Funny, funny funny! One of my friends is a Episcopalian and she always referred to her church as "Whiscopalians"!!
I love it! lol I'm going to borrie this too if you don't mind. Leave it to the Baptists to need 15! lol
btw, I know it's probably complicated but how do you get the songs on your blog?
*LMAO* Pinky- that's us, we take lots of pride in that title *LOL*- Also, we like to refer to ourselves as "Catholic-Light"- you know, all of the faith, none of the guilt *LOL*, I thought Riccie might get a kick out of that one!
Jackson, it's not that complicated at all! I can make a music player for you. All you need to do, is tell me what songs you want, and what type of player you want (if you want one that looks like my tape player at the bottom, or another), and I'll fix it up for ya. Then, I'll send you the code. All you have to do is put it in your template, and it's done :0)
BTW- I was cracking up over the Baptists, too! Most of my friends are Baptists, and I was busting hearing about the 15 and fried chicken and potato salad *L*
cute!
I was raised and schooled Roman Catholic, I have a candle fetish.......
even tho I no longer am a practicing Catholic, scary!
"Amen" on the Episcopalians! I spent the morning with a man who was telling me that he still wasn't sure the "change" of women clergy was a good idea - gee, it was only 1974 after all! He still refers to the Prayerbook as the "New Prayerbook" - but I guess I'll have to cut him a break - it's only been around since 1979!
LOL!
You were right. I did get a kick out of it!
I am Methodists and I love this posts to it super funny!!!
Just have to add this little joke:
What's an Ecopalian? An Episcopalian who has had the piss scared out of him!
Too funny girl! I am Methodist and this is so true about us too!
Post a Comment