

After reconnecting with a friend who's going through a rough time with her health, I get even more shocking news. My best friend in the entire world, Jennifer- AKA: Monger, called this afternoon while I was out and about. She talked to my husband, and told him she had seen where I had quit at the hotel. I knew something was wrong right then. She KNEW I quit weeks ago. I called her back on my cell phone with *finally* some good news. I received a call today to interview for a job that I really wanted- great hours and can start SOON. Great news. Then comes the bomb.
Jen might have cervical cancer. Her pap smear came back bad, and she was told she had cancerous cells. They're going to try some form of treatment first, and if that doesn't work, a full hysterectomy. It absolutely terrified me, because that's what killed our friend Nikki, back in June of this year. Losing Nikki was hard enough, if I lost Jen, it would devastate me. She's been my rock. My best friend for over 16 years. We've laughed, cried, fought, you name it, we've probably done it twice. I don't know what I would do without her.
She came over tonight with my Godsons- Caleb and Luke to swim. It did her good to get out and have a little fun. I was so thankful to be able to spend time with them. I had to leave a little early, because it's church night, and I had to try to educate my wild chiltin's at church. When did I decide that teaching teenagers was a good idea? It's only been about 10 years since I was one.
For all of you who are religious, please keep Jen and her family in your prayers. She's my sister, and I don't know what I'd do without her.




7 comments:
Hmmm...you know, I just noticed the PCOS thing on your banner. I have that. It can suck. I am dealing. Just wanted to say *huggs* :)
-N
I'll definitely pray for your friend, try to keep positive although it is difficult. You all are lucky to have eachother and I am sure you'll have a lifetime of new memories.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for commenting....feel free to stop in anytime.
Let me start with a big, fat HUG!! Then, I'll let you in on a secret: I have been throught the same thing that Jen is going through. I had a pap come back funny and then had to have a biopsy done. NOT FUN. They discovered that I had cancerous cells and that I needed to have a cryosurgery done and then we would go from there.
I had stage 2 cells and the cryosurgery REMOVED ALL OF THEM. I won't lie, it hurt like hell but every pap since then has been negative. That's been two years ago.
Hold your friends hand and let her know that it will be okay. If you ever need to chat, email, I am more than happy to help both of you go through this. HUGSSS!!
Wow, sorry to hear about this. Your friend will be in my prayers---definitely. My sister had cancerous cells and thought to have cervical cancer, but it turned out okay. I'm hoping this is the case.
Faith and hope and lots of prayers!
Picked up your blog by accident
Have been there , as has my cousin. We were cleared. One of us quicker than the other.
Please, it is too easy to fear the worst when you have experienced a bad situation previously, but try to stay positive as either way your friend will need it
I am cconstantly amazed by how much we are alike. Let's just say my best friend has 2 kids who are my godchildren and she brings them over to get in the pool.
It will be ok. I dunno what her exact diagnosis is but my mom has had pre cancerous and cancerous cells several times and they always go away with the treatment but the last time SHE requested a hystorectomy because she was older anyway. I wil be praying for her though.
SEnding many many prayers her way.
HUGS!
Post a Comment