Words cannot express how proud I am of Susan. She's a dear friend of mine, one of the best a person could ask for. Susan has been working for years for a person who worked her like a dog, and always put her on the back-burner. The person she had been working for opened a new restaurant in Elizabethton. Susan spent that entire summer of 2004 doing research on the building, as well as painting. She has a degree in culinary arts, not construction. Regardless, when the restaurant finally opened, do you think Susan was the head chef? Of course not, she was "over looked", while a new chef was brought in from New York. Never once did she complain- although I did to anyone who would listen. The worst blow came when Southern Living came to the restaurant, and everyone BUT Susan was interviewed. As pastry chef, I guess that wasn't note-worthy for television. I knew she was disappointed, although she would never say so.
After six long years, she had finally had enough. She was tired of making someone else's dream come true, while her's went to the wayside. On August 29th, her dream became a reality. Daisy Mae's Cafe opened their doors for the first customers. Opening night was a great success! Her cafe was packed! Susan has worked hard her entire life, putting others before herself. I'm so proud of her. She's finally thought of herself. She took her dreams, and made them a reality. If you happen to be in the Milligan community (of Carter County/Johnson City) stop by and see Susan. Chances are good, you'll see me there at some point in time! We love you Susie!




8 comments:
Good on her for making her dream come true! I totally get the overlooked thing...but I like to complain about it...I find it's theraputic :)
Congrates to "Daisy Mae's Cafe!" Good for her to follow her dream!
That is just wonderful!! I'm so happy for her! The next time I'm in Tennessee, I'll make sure I stop by. YAY!
That's great! I love to see people making their dreams come true. It's inspiring....I just wish I knew what my dream is....someday. Tell her congrats and I will stop in if I'm ever in the area.
She has my deepest admiration and I wish her loadsa success...
Wow I admire her! I wish her much success!!!!!
like ladybug, I admire your friend! I wish her much success and happiness in her venture. She sounds like a winner as a person,too. A good friend to have.
thank you for visiting my blog..i have added you to my bloglist so i can stalk ya.. :)
congrats to your friend as well...
oh yeah and i have many more sayings ...hehehehe...we'll keep those a secret for a while..every now and then they slip.. :)
Post a Comment