Friday, August 11, 2006

Culture Shock!

Ok, today was my second day at Masengill's. I just knew this would be the ULTIMATE job for me. I get to work in a high society boutique and bridal salon. A dream come true for a woman like myself. Well, almost. Don't get me wrong, the people I'm working for a wonderful- BUT I'm the youngest person there. Not a problem, right? Well, sort of. I'm the youngest person there by 29 years. The next youngest person I work with is 50. Yes, you heard me correctly, 50.

These are some of the sweetest people I've ever met, but I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN COMMON with anyone there! Other than the weather, finding something to talk about is almost impossible! Everyone there is a Baptist and republican. Ok, if they knew I was an Episcopalian and a democrat, I'd be a heathen devil! What have I gotten myself into?!?!?!

I'll keep you updated on my adventures, so far, the most exciting thing that's happened was eating my peanut butter sandwich for lunch today.

3 comments:

ann said...

50.... hmmmmm.... and nothing in common.... hmmmmm

Tumbleweed said...

Question: Is that the name of a douche? I think I better check out your archives! lol

Carrie said...

Oh, man, that sucks!! I know what you mean, though. My last job was with a bunch of cops, all guys, all Republican. My boss frequently referred to me as the damn hippy, which I was just fine with. But we did have a lot in commmon so it made it easier. Hope it gets better!!