Sunday, January 01, 2006

My Interesting Anniversary...

As you well know, yesterday was my anniversary. My husband and I had no idea what we were going to do when we woke up. While I was putting on my makeup, I suggested we pack a bag and go to Gatlinburg for the night. We hadn't really done anything for ourselves in such a long time, and since it was our anniversary, we figured what the hell. So we packed a bag and off we went. Only, we got half to Johnson City, and had to turn around. I had forgotten my needles. I can't miss two injections, so I had to go back to the house to get my needles. Ok. We're finally off.

We arrived in Sevierville around 5:00pm. Now, this is New Year's Eve, and a saturday no less. You would've thought we would've been lined down off of the interstate waiting to get in- no. I was in shock. I was actually looking around to see if Jesus had come back, and I was left behind or something. This was totally NOT NORMAL. We pulled into what looked like a clean, decent motel- a Landmark Inn. There was vacancy! This is nuts! I wasn't complaining though. The room was clean and decent. The part I liked the best was when I opened the back door of our room, a ton of ducks came running towards me! Being the animal nut I am, I was so excited! I ended up making an ass of myself because I was out there quacking my heart out at these ducks, and there was someone outside of their room right next to us. Oh well, they just have to know me.

After getting settled into the hotel, we went to Chiang House, our favorite Japanese restaurant. Being on Byetta has been a blessing, but last night, I was rather sad. I wasn't able to enjoy all of my favorite foods because I couldn't eat them! By the time I had eaten a few bites of my salad, shrimp and rice, there was no room left for anything else! I managed to take a few bites of chicken, but that was about it. I was stuffed!!

After leaving Chiang House, we went to the new putt-putt course at Five Oaks. I was in heaven!!! I'm a cow freak. Yes, I admit it. I love cows. I love cows almost as much as Amey loves penguins. There were TONS of cows all over the course, I was "mooing" my heart out. See, I have this problem. I can't pass a cow without "mooing". I probably need to get some help for that. Anyway. That was the FIRST game of putt-putt I've EVER won against my husband!

After leaving the putt-putt course, we headed for downtown Gatlinburg. On the way, we were listening to 98.5 WTFM. They were having a New Year's Eve "Saturday Night Special". So I decided to call in and request "Like A Virgin"- just because that's what I sang at our reception. Gary Stevens got a kick out of that!

The traffic in Gatlinburg, yeah, that was normal. When we were finally able to make it our regular parking lot, we waited for literally 15 minutes for this dumbass to leave so that we could get his parking spot. When we were finally able to park, Chris was so pissed off that he locked the keys in the truck. I was ready to kill him!!! It was so cold, and Gatlinburg was so packed, I had no idea how we were going to get our keys out. We found a cop, and an hour later, he helped us get our keys out of the truck. I was absolutely FROZEN, and pissed off, so I wanted a drink.

We walked across the street to "Pucker's Bar". A $25.00 cover charge just to walk in the door!!! HELL NO!!! Christy was NOT paying $25.00 just to walk in somewhere to buy a beer- WRONG!!! Every bar had a huge cover charge, so we ended up just walking up and down the streets looking in different shops, waiting for midnight. Around 11:45pm, we walked back to the truck. It was almost time for the ball to drop from the space needle. We had our own "mini time square" in Gatlinburg! Yay!!! I was really excited. Being the simpleton I am, I couldn't wait for the ball to drop. After the ball dropped there were tons of fireworks. I sat on the tailgate of Chris' truck with him, freezing my ass off while we watched.

After the fireworks, we thought we'd hurry up and get in the truck, so we could be the first one's out. Ha! Little did we realize how many people were on the road one street up from us. People came herding down the road like a stampede of cattle! People were walking right down the middle of the street for nearly 45 minutes. We sat there thinking, damn, we've got to move in a minute. I'm actually glad we didn't, because a fight broke out in the bar across the street. I had to be a little redneck, I hung out the window of my husband's truck and took pictures of the fight and man getting arrested. That was so funny!!!

We made it back to the hotel somewhere around 2:00am. The night went downhill from there. I was so cold, and so sick on my stomach I thought I was going to die. I sat up until almost 6:00am sick. I have no idea what time I fell asleep. Chris woke me up around 10:00am, and we drove home. I can't complain too much though. Even though I'm feeling like shit now, I had a great time last night :0)

7 comments:

Criminal Minds Fan said...

I am sorry that you are feeling ill but very happy that you enjoyed your anniversary. It is great that you can do things spur of the moment. I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year. Stop by sometime and visit me on my Blog. :)

Lorrie said...

My hubby and I (but he wasn't my hubby then!) spent New Year's Eve in a cabin in Pigeon Forge four years ago and it was wonderful! We rang in the new year in the hot tub. We were also surprised at the lack of traffic then too.

I'm glad that you guys had fun, but sorry that you got sick. I too have been under the weather today with a stomach thing so I know how you are feeling.

Happy New Year, girlie! Glad I've "met" ya!

Muchas smooches!
Lorrie

Faye_Hart said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Ames said...

It sounds like you had a great night! Even if the keys did get locked in the truck... and you got stuck in the parking lot... But you got to see the ultra cool fight and dude get arrested! Ha-haa! And the photos to prove it!

Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year!!

Cows... LOL, reminds me of upstate :-D

AWE said...

I heard "Like a Virgin" and thought of you the other day.

Hope you are feeling better.

Deb said...

Hope you're feeling better---and Happy Anniversary to you both!

Anonymous said...

Ohh it sounds like fun, minus the sickness..Happy Anniversary again!