
For this many people to be allowed on the streets this time of year. Christmas shopping. Did you ever notice that EVERYONE piles into the mall the last week before Christmas? I went to Johnson City today. I had to exchange a gift my mother in law sent me. After circling around for about 20 minutes, I finally found a parking space in BFE that I had to fight for... Ok, I parked, and went into the mall. I went to Merle Norman first. I worked for MN off and on for nearly 8 years. Merle Norman was where I got my start in cosmetics. Donna was working. She was one of my best friends, and the day manager. Me, being the night owl I am, I was the night manager. I hugged all of my old friends and got caught up on how everyone was doing.
Well, you know I've had enough death and despair in the past year to drive me straight into Woodridge. It didn't help me to hear that Donna's husband, Jerry, isn't doing good. Last April, while I was working, Donna called me in tears. They had just found out Jerry had stage 4 lung cancer. The man had never smoked a day in his life, and he has terminal cancer. We were all devastated. The next day, when Donna came to work, she told me that her daughter, Taylor, had written all over her body that night with body glitter pens "Please God, Heal Jerry", and fallen asleep that way. I cried for a month after finding out about his cancer.
As time went on, Jerry was doing ok, he was fighting, and Donna was supporting him every step of the way. After I left Merle Norman and went to Proffitts' full time, Donna and I didn't keep in contact as often I would've liked. I've kept Jerry in my prayers, and he and Donna have been on my mind a lot lately. I was so glad to see Donna today, and to know Jerry's still hanging in there. I've accepted the fact that we're probably going to lose him, and I know that will hurt.
I may be going back to work at Merle Norman as a nail tech. I got my license back in 2002 and haven't done a thing with it since. Ok, I went to school so I didn't have to work. My husband, then fiancee' told me he would pay for me to go to school if I'd just quit my job. I was working for a car dealership, and my life was really out of control for those few months- going to school was a welcome change.
Posted above is a picture of me in "Beauty School". Thank God, I graduated this time. I'm no longer a "Beauty School Drop Out"!!! It's of me, *when I was REALLY fat, thank you PCOS/IRS*, with my best friend Missy. I miss her terribly. We lost contact about a year ago, and I think she moved back to Ohio. If you happen to know her, please let her know I'm looking for her and miss her bunches. Missy, if you happen to see this, come see me and we'll have a "Fish Fry with Aunt Bunny out on Wilson" *LMAO* One day, remind me, and I'll tell you guys that story- it's PRICELESS!!! One thing you will learn about me, I have a story for ANY and EVERY occasion. You name, I've either done it, seen or know someone who's done it! Just ask! More later... :0)




4 comments:
What's PCOS/IRS?
You know Christy writes just as well as someone I once knew called Chloe.
Lovely story ~ hope everyone gets well and you catch up with your old friends.
lotsa luv ann xxxxxx
Jess, PCOS is Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome with Insulin Resistance Syndrome. A condition I was born with, but not found until I was 24. Long story, I will post on it soon.
I hope that you do because i have had problems since i was 20 (i'm 29 now) and i am still having battles to do and information is always my sword in any medical battle.
Post a Comment