I absolutely hate winter. Yes, the snow is pretty, and the crisp air can be refreshing, but overall, I just hate it. The lack of daylight leaves much to be desired for me. By this time, I'm typically really depressed and all but a hermit. I've been fighting depression more and more lately. I keep trying to remind myself, that I have so much to be thankful for-- and I do. Two years ago, I had a great reason to be depressed, but not now.
One thing that's at least made a difference, in the past couple of days, is that I began taking my allergy medicine again. I stopped taking it about a year ago when Chris and I decided we'd start "actively" trying for a baby. However, we haven't exactly been putting forth the effort lately, and I've felt miserable. I started taking my Allegra again, and it's been like night and day. I actually *feel* like getting out of bed in the morning.
I knew I was going to have to be feeling better, we're headed to Sugar Mountain this weekend, tubing with the church. I'm really looking forward to that. Like I said, even though I'm not big on winter, I do enjoy some snow-- and tubing is especially fun.
Oh, and I found out something today that made me even happier! One of my dearest blog buddies is getting married! I'm so excited for her! If you get a chance, stop by her blog, here, and leave some love!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
geesh, I HEAR ya loud and clear on the winter funks. Im glad your keeping it at bay!
Have fun on the tubing trip, I BET your gonna have a blast!
My husband has started going to church about 1 month ago. He really likes it. Since I was raised and schooled Catholic, i am having a hard time dealing w/ his non-conservative church. A lot about it I just do not 'get'. But I am supporting him ALL THE WAY!
ps woot! for rebecca! I am so happy she found a 'good one' she only deserves the BEST man out there :)
"...Two years ago, I had a great reason to be depressed, but not now."
A "great" reason? Well, I thought I'd be happier if I had this...I thought I'd be "happier" if I got that... And what's the end result? I'm still miserable. That's just me though.
I go through manic depressive states, where one day, whether or not it is circumstantial, I am depressed beyond depressed, and then the next day, it's like someone threw a miracle my way and I am the happiest person alive...
(But I'm embarrassed about it.)
So I still remain "kept" - with my emotions within myself, because I don't want people to think I'm a nut.
...too late.
Anyway, I feel your pain and I hope that things look up. Having allergies suck, but at least you help yourself and know what works best for you.
{{hugs}}
My prayers go out to you sweetie!
I know what you mean... this winter has seemed really long and COLD. But there I times that I enjoy it when it snows, because it seems to cover up all the dead looking stuff out there. But spring is not TOO FAR OFF... (At least I hope so!) ~ jb///
Oh, I don't like the winter either. I am sick with a cold right now, because of the weird, hot one day,cold the next days..I have been freezing..
I'm so happy for your blog friend getting married..
I hope you have a Happy Valentines Day!
Bunches of hugs!
((((((Christy)))))
I hope you start feeling better soon. Spring is one it's way, but it's cold this morning.
I need that allergy medicine myself.
i hate winter too..and i dont think snow is pretty nor don I like crisp air..haha
good luck in the baby making buisness;)
Happy Valentines Day!
We miss you and VALUE all of your kind words, thoughts and expressions!
You are LOVED!!!!
Post a Comment