Friday, January 05, 2007

Always Reflecting...

Since I've not been working, I've had more time on my hands than I'm used to. Even though I wasn't at ACT all that long, the time I was there, I was completely dedicated. My life was going full-force. I was going non-stop from the time I walked in the door, until the time I went home, and then some. Since leaving on the 22nd, I've had nothing but time to think. I've relected on my *past* job, friends, and life in general.

As I was taking my bubble bath last night at 3:30am it hit me. I know each and every one of you have heard someone say, at some point in time, "Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have." Ok, yeah, it's cheesy, and pisses you off when someone tells you that-- or at least it used to always piss me off. Anyway, you know, it's so very, very true. How many people in my life, had they loved me the way I wanted them to, would've messed me up royally? I mean, for instance, had PC and TM shown me the attention or "love" that I secretly desired, where would I be right now? In deep shit. Totally.

As much as it hurt, losing my job at ACT was the best thing that could've ever happened to me. There's no way I could've continued to work there and anything good come of it. Granted, I had friends there that I cherished, and still do-- however, with the men, it was a ticking timebomb just waiting to explode. I know now that I'm better off-- even if the company is losing one of the best receptionist they ever had.

While comtemplating that, I thought of all the friends I've had in my life- of all the people who have come and gone. There are so many people who have come in and out of my life, and touched me deeply for one reason or another. There are so many people I've fallen out of touch with, and often wonder how they are. For instance- Holly, Jess, Geraldine, Mary, and Little Bit. They were part of my life, daily, for two years. We talked daily, and were there to make each other smile, and lift each other up when things weren't going the best. I miss that. Geraldine, Holly, and Little Bit still work at Belk in Bristol. Mary still lives in Bristol, I see her a couple of times a year and keep in touch via e-mail. Jess, I have no idea. I miss those girls. They were my family. Even though *for the most part* I can talk to them when I need to, it's not the same not seeing them daily. It's not the same not having Proffits' anymore.

I've only been on this earth 28 years, and in those 28 years, I've made so many memories. I've had to tell so many people good-bye, and good-bye forever. I've learned the hard way, to cherish every moment you have with those you love- to tell them you love them, that you never know when it's the last time you'll see them.

Today, tell someone you love them. Don't delay. Enjoy the memories of the past, they've shaped who you are today.

20 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

Great post, girl!!
I think you're right about losing your job--it might really be a blessing in disguise!
And you're so right! There is no time like the present to cherish the people around you, tell them you love them, and make special memories!!
Good luck in finding a new job, and have a GREAT weekend!!

ann said...

I love you... the loveliest words to say, the loveliest words to hear. Probably those words are not said enough... least of all by the British... hmmmmm!!!! But my American friends are wonderful; they say it all the time and it makes me go all goooey...

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

BarnGoddess_01 said...

good post.

reflecting can be depressing tho so I try do do very little of it as possible........

Im sad arent I?

Anonymous said...

Touching post...I think ALL people come into our lives for special reasons. We are to share a specific time frame with them and learn what we can...everyone has something valuable to offer...

3:30a.m. bubble bath--I'm jealous!!!

Dr.John said...

I tell my wife I love her every morning and every evening and a half dozen times in between.But that in no way means she does everything the way I want. We argue. I sometimes even hollar but she looks at me and I melt.

Natalia said...

Awww this was really nice to read. I reflect a lot too. And I have those moments of epiphanies. Good on you!

-N

Anonymous said...

self-scheduling can be tough, but gratifying if done well, imo.

Anonymous said...

You are loved..I think you're right too. Things happen for a reason.None of us are promised the next moment, so we need to tell the ones that we love, how we feel.
Good post !Thanks

**hugs**

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about love. I've been on both sides. I've had those in my life whom I wished would love me in a far closer sense than was right for them, and I too have had to "love as best I could" because it was all I had in me.

Leaving people behind, or being left behind hurts - especially when those you've been with have impacted your life in so many great and wonderful ways.

Anonymous said...

I do love you Christy. I think your posts are always moving and thoughtful. Not to mention you always tell it like it is.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!! Words to live by!

Catch said...

Good post Kristy!! And so very true!

Ladiebug said...

Very insightfu...words to live by. I gotta go tell my hubby I love him! He's probably sitting on the bed playing his PSP even though I asked him to pick up his pile of dirty socks from the week next to the bed. I will never understand why in the last 3 years we have been married I cant get him to throw them down the shoot to be washed.Oh hw many arguements they have caused.... but I still love him!!!!! Thanks for reminding me :0)

Riccie said...

I love you, sweetie. This is a beautiful post. I am reminded of the poem "Footprints"...through the worst of times, He is carrying you...

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully written. I just love reading your posts. :)

I hope things continue to go well for you and I look forward to continuing to read what you share. :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent advice - and something we all need to be reminded of. I hope you have also learned that as loves change in life, new ones come along to fill the empty spaces left when our lives take us in new directions.

Anonymous said...

Hi hun,

I am have been so self-absorbed that I hadn't even gotten to write you about your job loss. I am so sorry. You have been so great, and I have been so crappy. Your post (like always) has given me a lot to think about. I guess we all have people that we cherish that we should tell more often.

Smooches!

flea said...

awww truer words have never been spoken, thoughtful, meaningful post, and thanks a million for sharing it with us :)

X said...

Isn't it funny how things we think are the worst....are actually the best things for us? Hindsight is 20/20.

Happy New Year! Hugs! :)

honkeie said...

God, I think about all the ppl I have known and wonder about them all the time. I even look them up from time to time. But I never really had any close friends growing up-hell I still dont- Thats just me. My closest friends were always my girlfriends and now that I am married its a little hard to remain firneds with the 'other' women.
And I feel you on the lose of the job being a blessing. I was in several jobs that if I had not have left I would have been in hot water with the women. One of them was working in the ladies shoe dept at Lord and Taylor......dangerous place for a pussy......I mean kitty hound. lol