First- thank you to ALL who left birthday wishes! Ya'll are the greatest!!! :0) I figured I'd finally take the time to share how I spent my birthday! On friday (my birthday), I had a doctor's appointment. There is a clinic in Erwin that is treating NFS employees who are on strike, and their families. My appointment was at 2:30pm. I went in, and began filling out the regular paperwork. I went through it filling out my name, blah, blah, blah- and then I came to the medical history part. I thought I was going to bust out laughing at some of the questions. First, it said "list any blood relatives (kin) with ________ conditions". Ok, I nearly whizzed myself when I saw (kin) listed!!!
Oh, and if you think that was funny- it gets better. On the list of conditions I have to check off, it has dizziness (spells) listed. Spells! I thought I was going to bust right there! Now, I'm a good Southerner, and do use the word spells to describe certain medical things, but saying it, and putting it on a professional application is quite another thing.
I guess I shouldn't be making fun, because these people provided me with my majority of my medication, and care for only $20.00, for which I was MORE than grateful for. Even after I get my insurance back, I'll continue to go.
After I left the doctor's office, I called Jen (monger) my best friend. I had mentioned last week how concerned I was about her, because the doctor had found cancer cells on her cervix. She went for her treatment yesterday, and the doctor believes he's gotten all of the cells. She has to go back every 4 months for a pap smear as a preventive measure. Knowing she's ok is the best birthday present I could've gotten!
I finally arrived home around 5:00pm. My husband had gotten me a doll, card and Reese's Cup! He knew exactly what I wanted! Unfortunately, I didn't get to stay home long, because Julie (a friend from church) was having a "Passion Party" at her house. I had never been to one of those before, and just wait until I tell you ALL about it.
My aunt and I picked up my mom, and headed for Julie's house. For those of you who don't know what a "Passion Party" is, it's like a "Home Interiors Party" except they're selling intimate products for couples. Ok, I'm game. You know me, I'm wild, I can have a good time anywhere.
The ladies who were giving the presentation had personalities about like pavement. BORING. Although they were boring, the party didn't end up being so. First, of course, we played a game. We had to place a piece of paper on our heads, and draw a penis without looking. Ok, how funny was that! How funny is it, that I won?!?! I won a "goodie bag" with two condoms and a "stripping man lighter"- how funny is that?
*Warning- this gets a little graphic* The next game, Julie had to pick two friends for the game. She picked me and my mom. We got up and walked to the center of the group. The hostess puts a drop of some type of liquid on our fingers. What she said next absolutely floored the three of us. She told us to take the liquid, to go into a separate bedroom and place it on our- well, I'll spare you what she said. I screamed out "Is she for real!?!?" I was in disbelief!!! Now, like I said, I'm a wild woman, but this was even out there for me! And poor Julie, she's very shy, she had NO idea what she was in for!
For those of you who are wondering, yeah, I did as I was instructed. When we all came out, they asked us, "How does it feel?" And I answered: "Like something I need to see a doctor to get rid of!" I made a decision that I wouldn't be having one of these parties for myself!
I do have to admit, I saw some pretty cool things. They did have some nice body lotion and bath gels that smelled good. The massage mit, for body massage, not intimate purposes, was really awesome! I decided that would be one of the safest things to order. The catalogs had everything from mild to wild listed. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I think Julie was absolutely mortified, but hey, it's a learning experience!
Needless to say, this has to be one of the most interesting birthdays I've ever had!
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
omg! I am still laughing over the Passion Party game with the liquid. Too funny!!!!
I am glad you had a nice b-day and your friend's health is good :)
I'm with barngoddess! The liquid thing would have made me pass out with laughter!! It sounds like you had a lot of fun and that's what matters. You had a good day, your friend got a good report, yeah, I would say that makes for a pretty damn good birthday!
sound a hoot to me... none of my friends would join me on such a fun thing, they are all, so, yawn... boring
Well now I know to avoid a Passion Party should I ever be invited to one - not a place for a widow of six years with no prospects! LOL!
LOL! I've been to one of those parties myself and it was hilarious. I think the funniest thing I saw was a male g-string made out to be a tartan kilt! It STILL makes me laugh just thinking about it. ;)
Happy Belated Birthday to you and thanks for the kind words for me earlier this week, much appreciated! :)
So glad to hear your friend is doing well. Best of luck to her!
You've got way more guts than me, girl. NO WAY would I put an unidentified liquid THERE! As for the doctor...uhmm...were there any shrunken heads hanging on the wall? (Just kidding!)
Sounds like a pretty good birthday! I've been to a few of those parties and had a blast. If the person doing the party has a good sense of humor and personality it makes all the difference. I even went to a co-ed one that was really interesting. Hee hee.
I suck, Im sorry! Happy Birthday, even though its late! Sounds like a fun fun party to me!
Shoot the option to add my link for my above comment wasnt there, and now it is.
Post a Comment