Now that I'm working graveyard at an incredibly slow hotel, I have more time on my hands than I know what to do with. Of course, my mind wonders to all that is, was, and possibly will be. I recently educated myself in "beginners html" and was absolutely ecstatic when I was able to add pictures to my blog. As I looked back through the pictures, each brought a smile to my face, and all for a different reason.
I have been so blessed to have been touched by so many people. One thing that can be said about me, I've most definitely not had a dull life. I'm one who decided early in life that I was going to live the way I chose. I was going to have fun, no matter what I did, or where I was. I've literally started parties in parking lots, and in the middle of the street, just because I felt like it. I'm the type of person, whom, well, if you were at the club, and no one was dancing, I would be the one to go right out in the middle and start busting some moves. Did I just say, "busting some moves?" Anyway, within a matter of minutes, I would have half the club partying with me- it's just who I am.
I guess you could say, my gift to the world is my smile. I love to be happy. I love to live. I love people- period. That's part of what's wrong with me. I'm not making anyone happy right now. I'm sitting in a hotel for 8 hours a day, with very little human contact. I'm not making anyone happy, or bringing a smile to their face by a kind word, a joke, or just a general feeling of happiness and well-being in the mix. I'm not doing anything- and that's not me.
I've always been a social creature, one who was the life of the party, without even trying. I'm spoiled, and I'll be the first to admit it. I like to be able to come and go as I please. I like to be able to get in my car, and go see Susan, Justin, Jake, Monger, Eddie and Eddie, or whomever I please. Now that I'm HAVING to work, my life is completely screwed. I haven't HAD to work since I got married. Proffitts', it was for fun. It was the greatest job I've ever had, but it wasn't necessary- it was my choice, which made me love it even more.
I miss Little Bit, Jess, Mary, Geraldine, Holly, and even Big Daddy. You can't tell we had nicknames or anything, huh? I miss the good times, sneaking out of our counters, and running down through the mall when Bath and Body Works had their semi-annual sale, and when we got caught coming back, SWEARING to Big Daddy that we had a "feminine emergency" and had to go to the bathroom downstairs. That excuse worked really good, until I forgot and used it twice in two weeks- needless to say, he caught on (although, it's not like I didn't go ahead and do what I wanted to, when I wanted to anyway). It was common knowledge, if you wanted gossip, you came to the Elizabeth Arden Counter on any given day, and you could know EVERYTHING that was going on in the store.
When I arrived at work, for the first hour, I walked around to every department to talk- I had to get the "scoop" on what was going on in the store. Then after about an hour, I would come back to my register, open it, make 2 to 3 sales, which would cover my goal for the day, and go to lunch. When I came back, I had to walk around again, because you know, in those few hours, something good might've happened. I'd go back, sell a little more, and then it would be time for me to go home. Ah, those were the days. Tell me, where else could you get away with all of this?
Now, I'm sure you're thinking, what in the hell does this have to do with anything? Answer: Not a damn thing. I just felt nostalgic, and wanted to reminisce a little. Thanks for taking this trip down memory lane with me- and enjoy the pictures. I'll tell more stories in regards to many of them in the coming weeks. If you happen to have a question about any of the pics, please, feel free to ask, as you can tell, I love to talk! Shutting me up is hard! ;0)
Thursday, July 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
and I bet nothing has changed... I bet you're still the life of the party with your sizzling smile and great sense of fun.... what a wonderful way to be ;>)
Thought about you last night. I had to walk through Belks to get into the Mall.
I bet people just gravitate to you. Your personality and warm heart shows in your writing. The pictures look great! I'm trying to learn html myself, and it is quite complicated.
Keep living and loving life. You have such a great attitude about it.
Post a Comment